Chapter 4 (Just Friends)

Leah's P.O.V

Mitch walks out of the room hesitantly, while Jerome in standing there, eyes glued to the ground. I clear my throat and he jumps, eyes averting to me.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" He looks at the ground again. I sigh and stand up. I try to get to the door, but Jerome slides in front of me, blocking my only path.

"Please... don't go. Give me a chance to explain." I roll my eyes and I back up to the bed. "Go ahead. I'm waiting."

He sits on the ground and begins. "LeahIamsosorryIdidn'tmeantohurtyou.I

didn'tknowyoucaredsomuchandthereasonIlookeddownwasbecauseyourlaughmademeblushandIdidn'twanttomakeafoolofmyselfinfrontofyoubecauseIwanttobeyour

friend."

He breathed in as my heart shattered. He just wanted to be friends. Only friends. Those words replayed in my mind as I forced a smile.

"I guess I could forgive you... yeah, that sounds good." Jerome grinned from ear to ear as he jumped up and hugged me.

"Thank you." I hugged back, trying not to cry into his shoulder. "No problem Jerome, no problem."

He pulled away, and grabbed my hand. "Come on, come meet the guys." I reluctantly stood up and followed.

He didn't like me. After spending a day confused, I finally figured out he didn't like me. Just as a friend, like he said.

As a friend. I am so stupid. To think anyone, like him, could like me. Not a chance.

"This way Leah." His voice pulled me away from my dreaming and I started to follow him again.

He opened the french doors that led to the living room. Through the glass I could see Jason on his computer, mixing a new song, Adam and Ian competing against each other in COD Ghosts, and Mitch and Ryan on their phones.

Interesting people, aren't they? Yeah, or so I thought. I mentally rolled my eyes. I continued to follow Jerome into the living room.

No one looked up and egknowledged I was there. Jerome just led me to my wonderland, the kitchen.

"You want a drink? We got pretty much anything." I smirked. "Beer?" Jerome chuckled and opened the fridge. "We definitely have enough of that in our fridge."

He grabbed two Corona's and passed one to me. "Here. I'll get the bottle-" I cracked it open with my hand. "opener"

I laughed and took a sip. He opened his with a bottle opener. As you can tell, I am more ninja then dis bacca. "Cheers."

We clinked our bottles and I took another drink. "JEROME BROUGHT A GIRL HOME!! GUYS, COME LOOK!!" I spit out some of my drink.

I whip around and I see Ian. "What da hell was that for?" He smirked and I see Jason behind him. "So I see."

I glare at them and their smile drops off their face. They glance at each other and run. And I chase them.

Jerome's P.O.V

Leah runs after the boys. It is only at this point that I put my beer on the counter and place my head in my hands. "What have I done...?"

"What do you mean Jerome?" I take my head out of my hands and I see Ryan. "You wouldn't understand. It is something I probably can't fix."

This is usually the time Ryan shrugs and leaves. But not this time. He decides to come over and sit down.

"Dude, this isn't nothing. You've been depressed all day and no one but Mitch knows why. Just talk to me about it and I might be able to help."