Chapter Ten

The ride home was long and full of questions about the studio, the interviews, the camera man, the handy men, and if they brought me coffee. I stared out the window as she rambled on about the questions, going deeper into thought about them, not answering them. I just wanted to go home, to go to the place I knew was sacred, that was mine, and that I could trust…but I forgot something…something I had to do.

“Mom, I need to go back to the store, I need to do something and, please don’t ask questions…”

“Not like you would answer them, haven’t the whole car ride.” She muttered, laughing amusingly at herself…she must have thought she made a funny…ha-ha mom. With the next turn, she was on our street, Wallace Street New York…she stopped in front of the store, glass shards still covering the sidewalk in a shine of invisible pain, if you stepped on it that is.

I climbed out of the car, shutting the door rather harshly behind me, walking in fast paced into the store. i had my purse with me from leaving for the interview, which had the comic on it, so i ran right to the back door. Crouching down to lift up the sewer cap, i undid my purse and pulled out a slightly bent comic book, courteousy of all the crap in my bag. Holding it, i looked around trying to find something to put it in. Walking down the alley a ways, i stumbled upon a perfect sized cardboard box...literally, i tripped over it. After mumbling some mock of a cuss word, i stood to my feet once again, took the box with great force, and strutted back to the man hole. Putting the comic in the box, i dropped it in and amazingly it landed perfectly like it should, not tipping over and getting soiled by the liquid on the floor of the sewer tunnels...thank God.

MIKEY'S POV

"Dude!" i exclaimed, flaring my arms in the air "It's my turn!"

"Chillax, Mikey. Me and Raph live here to ya know." Donnie replied, restarting GALAXY WARS

"But i always, always, ALWAYS play! How can the game be on without a controller in my hand!?" i exclaimed, placing both hands on top of my head, pacing nervously, not sure how i would survive my with drawl problems. Leo groaned , putting the latest paper we could get down here on the table and came over to me. He put his hand on my shell and patted it

"Relax Mikey, you and me can go tunneling." he tried, but i still wanted to play my game

"I bet you can’t beat me!" he dared...oh now that just wouldn’t do...

"You're on!" i exclaimed, pointing a finger at him. We both ran to our rooms and grabbed our rides. He went to his room to grab his puny, little, pathetic 'scooter' while i went to my place to grab my totally pimped out, graffitified, purely awesome skateboard....but which one? ... Hmmmmm ...

"Mikey, come on already!" Leo exclaimed from the main room.

"One minute, geez Leo."

"Mikey, just pick one or I’ll pick it for you!"

"Fine!" i exclaimed, turning to face the door "Be that way!" and as i yelled the last word, it hit me! i turned around to go straight for my first skateboard, ol'faithful...Leo, is going to be, slaughtered.

"Mikey!" he yelled, short and angered...hehehe

"Coming!" i sang, running out of my room to meet him by the doors. He was leaning against the doorway with his whimpy excuse for a ride...pfft. He starred my board up and down before making his comment

"Really, old reliable?" he asked, like there was something wrong with him....haha, he had no room to talk!

"It's ol'faithful and yes, problem bruh? Or are you just afraid i'll whoop your shell!" (it was more of a statement than a question) i exclaimed, waving and shoving my board in his face. He chuckled, then with one hand he pushed it aside.