Chapter Five

She waved and they waved back. "And breathe in" Donny commanded and she did "And now, out" and she did "Okay, i think you're good now"

"Thanks, so much..." She said, then smiled

"Oh, no problem, just doing what i should" he replied....oh Donny . . .

"So i gotta ask, whats with the trench coats?" she asked. we all looked at each other, worried, hesitant. What were we supposed to say? Oh we where these so you cant tell that we're mutant turtles in their teens. ?? Uh, heck no...but then what were we gonna say?

"Uh...we're trying to bring them back in style..." Leo said...hoping she'd buy it...fail... She laughed

"Were they ever in style?"

"Exactly . . ."

"You guys are crazy . . . " she laughed, then panic crossed her face "The store!" she gasped "Mikey, the store!" she exclaimed.

"I'll go check it out" i said, standing to my feet. Walking past her, i heard her whisper "Thank you" i ran...again...up the stair, through the...yah you get the route...I walked into the store. The bad guys were gone...duh...but everything was still there, including the new comic…There was also a police note saying

"We took the two men who we believe broke into your store, we will be coming by later to talk to you about the situation"

Great...by that time, she'd probably find out about our secret...and then she'd probably tell after all, she is (by her looks) a teen herself...maybe. I took the note and put it in my pocket. I went out eh same way as before, out the back door, to the alley, and down the sewer drain. i also ran back to the lair...again

I barged through the doors, seeing her on the couch, as i left her, but Leo, Don, Raph...and now Master Splinter were standing in front of her, without their coats. She looked to me, questioned, scared, hesitant

"Mikey..?"

I sighed. Here goes all hope for anything. Master Splinter nodded, signaling me to take my cover off as well. I walked over to them "Well, the stores all good so im gonna take a shower" i turned, quickly, but someone grabbed my coats belt. When i looked back, she was holding me back. She stood and turned me around to face her. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see her face. Dark purple, green, and black dots danced across the inside of my eyelids, but then they instantly changed colors to yellow, red, and orange...she took off my hat, exposing light to my eyes, and the true me to her.

She gasped. Ive never been so ashamed of who i was, who i am. But...then she started....laughing..

"I get it!" she said "This is just an aftershock from the accident...right?"....now she was trying to make excuses for us...to imagine us not real...well thats just peachy. Splinter walked up and looked her dead in the eyes , something i only dream of doing....where the shell did that come from?! "Or not..." she sighed. After a minute or so of silence, waiting impatiently, she spoke. "I will not lie....this is completely different than anything ive ever come up against" against? why against? "and i should be screaming my head off..." she paused "But i cant ignore the fact that you all saved my life...took care of me...when you couldve just left me i mean, you guys knew you'd have to tell me if you helped me, right?"

We nodded "So...i trust you, all of you..."

"But does that mean we can trust you" Splinter asked "We've entrusted you with a very deep secret, one that if it were shared, would cause danger to me and my family...and you as well"

she stopped in thought, then raised her hand for splinter to shake "Of course you can, you have my word"

i hope thats enough for us to build trust on...but its all we got now, so we have too. i trust her, but my feelings could be covering up from what might be the worst thing about to happen.

Again, sorry its so short ^~^