11; Moonlight Crossfire

A very bright light flashed in front of eyes as I managed to see what's happening, yet the light was almost blinding me so I had to close my eyes, I heard a loud car horn but not a crash, the car was still moving and all what I was hearing was my screaming, and my mind was going insane, I pulled the brake with all my power, and the car stopped, the truck arched to the left and continued its way, the car was in the middle of the street, it was not moving but I was shaking as hell, I did not even realise that I was crying, my breaths were racing and I was too slow to catch up, and this was the first time I had cried in months.

Heck, a truck almost had me dead, I almost died from overthinking, I fell into space and I was in dilemma and I could not escape, my thoughts placed me in a closed box, it was a crisp clear, the glass was so hard it couldn't break, and outside the box there was Edward, there were two of him, one looked a bit different, I squinted my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I was knocking hard on the glass, calling him to help me out, I was looking at my Edward, my eyes were not able to dart on the figure next to Edward, I was helpless and the box was lacking air, water was building up and I could not do anything.

"I should not save you." His voice echoed in my mind.

The scene was playing as if I was watching a movie, a tragic one starring me and him.

I was watching but my tears froze, they didn't fall anymore, the rain stopped.

I was so numb, my body could not drive, my hands were trembling, my lips were sealed and I wasn't able to speak.

It was midnight, my feet wandered in the vacant streets, the sky was black velvet, all the stars scurried to hide.

I managed to reach my house, I felt like walking on a sizzling rope, I crawled painfully to my room, as much as I wanted to sleep, as much I wanted to forget what just happened, as much I wanted not to cry, as much as I fooled myself.

Sleep was for the weak, and Mary Jane was the weakest of them all, but she couldn't sleep, overthinking started to eat her away, but she cannot go back to that mess.

Everything that happened, the moment he put his foot on her floor to the moment where she almost died, she aimed to stop thinking but nothing was helping her, it was madness, even her cuddles from her puppies didn't help, her heart was soring again.

She sighed and wondered why couldn't she change universes?

In her universe, she's fearless, she's not helpless, she's with Edward, laughing and making mistakes, making plans and thinking of what type of parents they would ever be to their children, pranking each other and living each moment to the fullest.

In my universe, I'm happy with him.

In my universe, I'm the realest with her.

Even though I had the chance to take a day off, my feet took me to work so I can distract myself, and when I want to forget about Edward, I go to read his writings, to keep him on my mind.

"we were in a backyard,

Stealing kisses,

Clutching onto each other,

And we just met one another,

You grabbed my face,

I fell in outer space,

Your touch had me melting,

All over the place,

Your cologne took over my skin,

I smiled and embraced your sins,

You said you liked my perfume,

'vanilla or lavender, I assume?'

I asked if you were made of dime,

You just smiled-"

The book fell from my hand when I received a text saying,

"where the hell you've been all this time.-E"

I threw the phone and my book aside when I asked Tania to bring me some coffee, I put my head between my hands, as my bubbly ray entered the office.

"here's my lovely sister!" he exclaimed, I tried my best to smile.

He noticed my facial expressions were a little bit unusual, I told him that I did not get much sleep.

"why? You always sleep early, did anything happen?"

I shook my head, lies lies lies.

"okay, are you free or something? I have a guest with me."

"no, let him in."

"come on in, sir."

I stood up having the fakest smile I can pull, let's see who is this.

"it's my pleasure to be here," the tall figure, said.

She stood in shock as I fixed my tie while standing next to Roger.

"Edward?" she acted like she's surprised.

"you two know each other?" butted in Ray.

We both nodded.

"we met in spain while on vacation, besides I'm a huge fan of Mr. McCain," her rosy cheeks became so red I thought they were about to explode, I did my best to act natural, I'm pretty good on keeping it natural.

I coughed and pulled a straight face, nudging Ray to talk about the reason we are here, business and only business.

We sat in her office, it was nude, a little bit girly, but it looked like an office of a successful woman.

I looked to the right side, seeing all my books placed in shelf, it's the top shelf, where the shelf underneath it had lots of frames, the other one had awards.

And on her desk there was coffee mugs, a laptop, and two frames I hardly guessed what were they about.

"Mr. McCain and I here for, maybe we can make something from his latest work, I don't know what it talks about just yet, but he told me a sneak peek of the idea and it's pretty awesome."

I went from petty to professional really quick.

"sure, show us what you got, sir."

I said confidently, he pulled out a file and handed it to me, I opened it when he started talking.

"this work is somehow different, it talks about a guy who has mental illness and a girl who's diagnosed with cancer, the girl passes through a phase where she wants to change her life constantly, and honestly I'm not really great when it comes to explaining my works, so this file has everything needed and all the details are available."

I took a look on the file, it seemed good.

"you know working as a producer, I should be the one choosing the work, the director, cast etc, but having you, the legendary Edward McCain coming to my office is a huge honor, I will be studying this work and I hope we would work together." She smiled and he could not help but grin.

They shook hands as she watched the love of her life and her brother leave the office.

She looked the file and sighed, there was something popping from it, it's a note.

"I never knew what you meant when you told me, 'if I could I would.'"

She did not knew either.

--

Hi! sorry for my late update, i was out of the most beautiful people, hope you're having a good day! and if your school started i want you to kick some ass! you got it! hope you loved this chapter! much love xx