Forever Young- Chapter 8- Are They Dead?

Louis’s POV

                “Ughh” I moan, where the fuck did Harry go? Now Maddi’s also gone “claiming” she knows where he- I’m stopped in the middle of my sentence when I hear the loud stream of footsteps near the door. I big grin is slapped on my face and I cannot hide it, Haz is home… finally.

 Maddi swings there door open… but no Harry. I pause, thinking about what the heck is going on… “Maddi” I ask. She stops in her footsteps and sees my lit up face, she frowns with tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. “Haz” I yell screaming my lungs out. “H-Harry… he’s gone” she says falling to her knees starting to sob wetting the carpet.  “What d-do you mean, “Gone? Like not at the hotel or gone as in…” the thought killed me imagining Hazza dead, I quivered hoping for an answer from Maddi gasping for breath on the ground. I kneel down besides her feeling my cheeks flood with hot salty tears.

The answer was right in front of me, “he’s dead”. I bolted from her side into my room, laying there on my bed holding back the gasps so Madeline couldn’t hear. Within a few minutes I heard the front door creak closed like its normal self, and the flat was as quiet as a mouse. I screamed knowing most everyone in the building could hear. My pillow was drenched I didn’t know that you could even cry for a straight hour. I want to see Harry, his young smooth face, eyes closed.

 I could imagine the tender eyelids covering the jungle under them, sometimes when I couldn’t fall asleep I stared at him, chest rising… then falling. Puffs of air from his luscious slightly opened lips. Sheets up to the tip of his thin fingers, just sliding off the creaky spring mattress.

All of a sudden the door opened with Liam, Niall, and Zayn laughing their asses off. I heard the thump of the bag of leftovers hit the ground. The sweet smell of maple syrup and bacon filled the flat. Ugh I’m so hungry but I don’t want them to see me like this; also it’d be nice to lose a pound or two I’m really getting fat.

“Where’s Louis & Maddi” Liam asked waiting for a reasonable answer. “Uhmm, maybe went out to the pool, it’s nice outside today?” Niall said questioning his improbable answer. “Good point Nialler” Liam said joyfully.

I ignored their crazy talk about fans and laid back down grabbing my album from the nightstand. Flipped the first glossy page filled with four photos of Harry & I. The bright smile made me weak to my knees. Shivering knowing it would never form again. Harry’s lips would never dance around on mine or tighten into the smile that is well known throughout the world. I slid my fingers under the next page and flicked them to reveal new heart-wrenching photos across the two familiar pages I always flipped to, to cheer me up.  But they did the total opposite from now on.

I sat up trying to get myself together, “Whoosh” was the sound my breath made while sending out a gentle sigh. I stood up guaranteed I was to fall to the floor. I grabbed the bed as I fell backward almost making a loud thump. I stood back up hoping for enough balance to be able to wobble over to my dark oak dresser. I pulled open the bottom right-hand corner drawer, the wheels spinning to make it easy to reach to the back bottom of the drawer. My large hand found the itchy reindeer sweater from last Christmas and yanked it out. I shook out the sweater making the metallic razor blade fall to the bed.

I took the blade in my hand I didn’t trust myself but I took it and slit streaks along my legs causing blood to stream down my thighs. I took the wet blade and slid it along my wrists going deeper and deeper every cut, hoping to hit a nerve to end EVERYTHING. The pain shot though my arms almost letting out a yelp but I held it in. I engraved HARRY into my palm breaking the frail skin.

 I switched hands losing grip of the razor while I raised my arm to my neck. I was quite scared but touched the razor to my neck and pulled, the pain was excruciating. I laid back down soaking the sheets in blood while I lay on my stomach silently sobbing to myself while the others giggled and laughed questioning when I’d come home with Maddi and Harry.

Liam’s POV

“Zayn, you really think we can pull this off Louis is the pranker not us” I asked not sure what would happen when Louis goes to the bathroom with plastic wrap over the toilet causing it to flood off all on the floor.  “Yea mate, it’s worth a try” he replied obviously oh-so confident.

We crept towards Louis’s door like he was actually in there but he wasn’t so there was no point, still we were like spies. I grabbed for the door knob giving it a slow turn but it wouldn’t turn, “Shit” I muttered to myself, “It’s locked”. “here let me try” Niall said pushing his way in front of Zayn with the plastic wrap clutched in his hands. Niall turned the knob but it would budge I wiggled it but nothing. “I wish these rooms came with keys” Niall said “Now we’ll have to find a long nail to get it open”.

I didn’t even second guess that Louis had been in there except for when he lied the motionless on the soaked red sheets with a blade stuck to his closed orange fingers.

Louis? I said falling to the floor thinking about why Louis would do such a thing... Harry