25 ; nut shot

25 NUT SHOT

"Hey, maybe we should start calling you Elise Snow like in Game of Thrones," Jenessa suggested as she made her way down the school hallway next to her friend.

"I'm adopted, Jen. Not a bastard child," Elise said, earning a chuckle from the blonde next to her. After her talk with Scott the previous night, Elise had found it much easier to talk about her recent discovery.

"Have you talked to Deaton yet?"

Elise shook her head, coming to a stop in front of her locker. "I need to talk to my Mom first. She could probably tell me a lot more about my past than Deaton."

Jenessa nodded, leaning next to her friend for a moment as the brunette dug through her locker. "Well, I have a test to make up," Jenessa said, playfully poking her friend in the cheek before bidding her goodbye and wandering down the hallway.

Elise continued digging through the contents of her locker in search of her calculus textbook until someone slammed the door to her locker shut.

"Hey! What the-" Elise snapped, turning around to find the blonde curls of Erica Reyes walking away. The girl turned her head, offering a snide smile to the brunette as she walked down the hall.

Elise's eyes tripled in size, not because of the blonde, but because of who she was walking with. "You have got to be kidding me," she hissed under her breath as she followed the pair through the halls. Her trail was cut short as Mr. Harris slammed the chemistry room door shut.

Elise peered through the window of the door, finding that her suspicions had been correct. Sitting next to Erica was the one and only Isaac Lahey. So much for being a felon.

The McCall siblings made their way onto the lacrosse field and toward the awaiting silhouette. They'd learned that Derek's pack was trying to discover the Kanima's identity and had somehow gathered enough evidence to pin the blame on Lydia Martin. Not only that, though, but his pack had managed to discover that Lydia was immune to the Kanima's venom.

Elise and Scott were going to try to convince Derek to leave Lydia alone while the rest of their group- Stiles, Allison, and Jackson- got Lydia to safety. As much as Scott wanted to keep his sister as far away from Derek Hale as possible, he needed the hot-headed brunette there- believe it or not- to diffuse the situation. After all, Scott knew that if anyone could talk Derek out of his insane plan, it was her. That didn't mean that he had to like it, though.

"We need to talk to Derek," Scott declared as they neared the silhouette, who appeared to be Boyd.

"You can talk to me," the other boy said. He approached them, shoulders square and a determined look in his eyes.

"Look, I don't want to fight," Scott said.

"I kind of do," Elise added to no one in particular, her eyes narrowing as she appraised the boy before them. Thus far, Elise had experienced a rather crappy week and punching someone in the face felt like exactly what she needed.

"I'm twice the size of both of you combined," Boyd pointed out.

"True, but do you know what? I'm twice as fast." With that, Scott lunged forward, tackling Boyd to the ground. Elise began to wonder if Scott was actually planning to fight Boyd, but her brother stepped back quickly, having proven his point.

"Lydia failed the test," Derek said, approaching from seemingly nowhere.

"We need to get you a bell." Elise frowned. "I'm tired of everyone sneaking up on me." Despite the fact that the previous night, the brunette was nearly ready to forgive Derek for all of the idiotic things he'd done, Elise was more than ready to smack the smirk right off of his stupid, perfect face.