05 ; bad feelings

05 ➽ BAD FEELINGS

"Are you sure about this?" Elise asked, sitting on the edge of her brother's bed. "Did you see it? Saying you think that you found the missing half of the body and actually finding it are two completely different things." 

Scott's reply was cut off as Stiles burst into the room. "How did you find it? Where was it?" Elise raised an eyebrow at his greeting. "Yes, Elise, I have had a lot of Adderall today."

"At the Hale's house. There's something buried there, and I could smell blood."

"That's awesome," Stiles exclaimed, earning a glare from Elise. "I- I mean terrible. That is absolutely terrible."

"I don't know, guys. It just feels like we're missing something- like there's something bigger going on and we're just looking at a single detail," Elise shook her head. 

"You don't think he's the killer?" Scott asked, turning around to look at his sister. 

"That's not what I said," she answered cautiously. "But think about it. Both Allison and I were in his car, and we're both completely fine! He had the perfect chance to kill us or to turn us and he didn't."

"If I hadn't warned you, for all you know, he would have!" Stiles retorted. 

"We can at least check it out," Scott sighed, "and if Stiles and I are wrong you can rub it in our faces all you want."

"Well," Elise agreed, "I can't argue with that offer."

➽  

"Does this really happen to you every month? This is terrifying," Stiles mumbled, his nose stuffed into a pamphlet labeled 'The Menstrual Cycle'. 

 "Yep," Elise rolled her eyes playfully. She gritted her teeth, plucking the pamphlet from him as Scott approached. "So? Was the scent the same?"

"Definitely," he nodded. 

"Now do you believe us?" Stiles interjected. 

Elise cast her gaze to the ground, unable to protest. She still had a bad feeling- as if they were missing some part of the puzzle that was right before their eyes. "I guess," she groaned. 

"So, we have proof that he killed the girl," Stiles grinned menacingly, "I say we use it."

  ➽  

"This is taking too long," Elise complained, shining a light over the decaying house. The gray, rotting wood cast an even more eery look to the atmosphere. Aside from their flashlights, the only light the teens were provided with was that of the waning moon overhead. "What if he comes back?"

"I have a plan for that," Stiles replied between breaths. "We run."

"And if he catches us?" Scott asked. 

"I have a plan for that, too."

"Which is?"

"We all run in different directions. He can't chase all of us, so whoever he catches first, too bad."

"Great plan," Elise rolled her eyes, her tone dripping with sarcasm. She wished that there had been a third shovel. It would've made things faster and could've made her feel more useful than just being 'on watch'.

"Stop! I think we hit something," Stiles exclaimed, tossing his shovel aside. Elise peered into the hole as the other two dropped to their knees, untying what looked like a rope wrapped around a sheet. When the last of the rope had been untied, Scott and Stiles began unwrapping the sheet. 

They jumped back, screaming when they saw what was under the sheet. Elise clamped a hand over her mouth and turned from the hole and what was inside of it. "I think I'm going to be sick," she mumbled. "Is that a wolf head?"

"I thought you said you smelled human blood, Scott!" Stiles exclaimed, scampering away from the hole. 

Scott shook his head and averted his eyes from the head. "I told you something was different."

Elise took a deep breath before kneeling next to the hole. "Alright, we have to get out of here. Help me cover this up."

"Wait," Stiles breathed, pointing to a small flower. "I think that's wolfsbane."

"What's that?" 

"Haven't you two ever seen The Wolf Man?" Stiles asked, and the siblings shook their heads. "You are such a bad werewolf, Scott."

"Just tell us what it means," Elise demanded. 

"I don't know," Stiles shrugged as he walked over to the plant. He pulled the plant from the ground, revealing a vine that was tangled in the roots. 

"Guys," Scott gasped when Stiles had finished pulling the vine free from where it trailed around the grave. 

"Holy..." Stiles trailed off, staring down into the grave. The dead eyes of a girl stared back at them. 

"Shit," Elise finished, the insistent, bad feeling in her chest only settling deeper. 

I know that I said I would make this chapter longer, but I actually ended up making it shorter than I usually make my chapters? I just thought like that would be a good way to end the chapter, I guess. Oops. 
Words:
815

Feedback is more than appreciated <3