Chapter 22: "Falling from grace"

I'm back home.

Its been a while. I don't have time to act like a drama queen today. My mind was blank. I stood still, staring nowhere. I knew, this time. Loki's gone. He did leave.  

I never thought about sharing it with anyone. I slowly fell on the ground, and just sat there. 

I started to cry again, but this time, I was just quiet. My eyes were full of tears. No words. 

Blank mind. Nothing.

Few weeks passed, I walked fast and hurried to meet Courtney. She was home, all the way from Alabama. I was so happy for her, she's close to achieving her dream. While, I was working on my articles. I was going to be a writer. 

I walked pass the coffee shop, then turned to the next street. I didn't realize that a man was about to pass by when I bumped onto him. I groaned. 

"Oh, Shit. I'm so sorry." I looked at him, covering my mouth with my palm. He chuckled, "No, I'm okay." The man chuckled, he was smiling. I smiled back at him. "This is starting to be a hobby." I chuckled. 

And I suddenly remembered, It was August 1st. He must be the man Loki was talking about. 

He looked nothing like Loki, His hair were short, and golden brown. Curled, then his lips weren't that reddish. And he smiled, a lot. I stared at him. 

And after a few dates with the guy, We were called, a couple. His name was Lucas Armstrong. He's an artist. He sketches for a living.

And just as Loki had predicted, after a week... Lucas started to talk to me about marriage. I saw it coming. I never kissed him, actually. Every time he tried to kiss me, I hugged him. I didn't want to.

Don't think of me as a mean person, I'm not replacing Lucas over Loki to forget, but if its what Loki wants, maybe I'll be happy with Lucas too.

I do feel nice around Lucas, he was very sweet. But he had the attitude of Loki, but not most of the time. I know, I shouldn't be comparing him.

After that day, when I got home, Lucas was standing in front of the house. 

"Lucas? What's up?" I asked, with grocery bags on my hands. 

He took it from me and put it down on the ground. 

He slowly knelt in front of me. My heart began to pound, hard. My pulse was going crazy.

That minute, when Lucas asked me... I closed my eyes and thought about Lucas. Alone. Nothing else but him. I thought really quick. I'm getting old. And I need someone in my life. This is for me and my future. I need to give Lucas a chance.

"Yes.." I told him.

He repeated what I had said and exclaimed, "Yes!" he hugged me. I hugged him back, slowly. 

I can't believe it, I'm getting married.

I trust him, I know I'll be okay with him. He was such a nice man. 

And It's time to let go.

Lucas ran away from home, he lived with his sister when I met him. And he wasn't rich, he was struggling for them both. I like the way he is. Very independent. 

He wanted to have a wedding at a sunset. I thought that it was a great idea. We were having a small wedding. With him, his sister, courtney and some of his friends. And a Pastor.

Its time for me to get serious. I am happy. I am. Happy. 

I will soon be Alice Armstrong.