Julian's Failure

The sun was setting across the sky, music was playing, carnival booths with games were set up and being played. And even roller coasters were set and already being ridden. Ariana, Sapphire, and Peter were eating popcorn at a small, red, picnic table in the middle of the food field. Out of the shadows Sapphire heard a creeping sound with her cat ears. She has sensed the presence of Julian, the guy who kept snatching all the girls. They were all gone now. Ariana stuffed her face with a bunch of popcorn. "There's someone watching us." Sapphire whispered to her friends.

"Who?"Ariana said with a face stuffed of popcorn. "Julian!" Sapphire whispered again. Her ears twitched, her eyes took a sharp turn. Peter looked at where Sapphire was glaring at. "Pretend we don't know his plan." He said. Just then, the mischievous boy came out of the shadow, walked up, and asked if he could ask Sapphire something privately."Uh, sure?" Sapphire mumbled awkwardly.

She and Julian stepped alone into the corner of a booth. "What is it?" Sapphire questioned Julian restlessly. Julian, however, didn't answer her question like she wanted. Instead, he teleported her off. "What's taking her so long?" Ariana asked Peter, he looked to where the two walked off. "They're not there." He said in a serious tone. "WHAT?" Ariana exclaimed.

Just then, a silvery figure who looked like Sapphire and sounded like her too appeared. "Hi." It said. "WHERE'S SAPPHIRE!?" Ariana roared as she shook the patronus silly. "STOP! Staawpp!" The silvery figure begged Ariana. Ariana loosened the patronus. "Answer me." "Sapphire is in Julian's cave." The patronus confirmed Sapphire's location. Ariana let go of Sapphire's patronus.

"Who are you and how do you know this?" Peter asked. "I'm her patronus, and anyway, Sapphire summons me when she's in trouble or when she needs her laundry done." the patronus answered. She led them to the border, which was actually pretty nearby, then said. "Ariana, remember the potion I lent you awhile back?" "Yeah?" Ariana replied. "You need that potion to cross the border. Julian's cave is in the country of Noxi." Sapphire's patronus explained.

"Wow cool!" Ariana cheered. Peter looked as though some one had just slapped him in the face. "What potion? Won't we die if we cross the border?" Peter questioned. The patronus twitched a little. "Drink the potion and hurry, or I'll fade soon!" She announced. The two teens drank 1 drop each (which was supposed to last them 3 hours) and both turned into darks. Peter's clothes turned darker (dark green instead of pastel green) and Ariana's form did not change for some reason.

The patronus sprinted towards a dark forest illuminated by glow crystals. "This way!" She exclaimed.The two curious darks chased after the silvery figure, they both oohed and ahead along the way. There were many signs pointing to different places as they went, all bearing names unusual to them. They made it to a small clearing in the woods. They then saw a medium cave illuminated with magenta and dark blue crystals, and the door was unlocked. "Okay, before I disappear any minute now, here's how to find Sapphire." the patronus said as Peter and Ariana listened closely. "Find his bedroom, and look for a lever with a portrait on the front...it's a..." And the silvery figure disappeared with her words along the wind.

"Oh no." Ariana whispered sadly. How were Ariana and Peter supposed to find Sapphire if their guide had vanished into thin air? "We'll try to find the bedroom. Where do you think it is?" Ariana questioned Peter. "Isn't it kinda of obvious?" Peter pointed at the neon sign saying "Julian's headquarters." "Pftt." Ariana shook her head. This was turning to be easier than she thought. Unless this was a trap.

Peter entered first, (in case if was a trap) and Ariana followed. The room had posters, a desk and computer, and a blue large bed. A painting with a frame said the words "Secrets untold" was just above it. Peter tested it by pulling slightly on the bottom corner, it po