The Peculiar School

Universal was an extraordinary school who only those with a sufficient amount of smarts and talents are able to enroll in. Ariana was lucky enough to be born a princess, so she was automatically accepted into the school. Universal was a school that had about fifteen students in each class, had field trips every week, and had the most interesting subjects to offer. She was beyond excited to hear that her friends were attending. Her friends, meaning Sapphire and Marlene, the only friends she has.

This delightful morning, she was to leave her golden palace in Oblaki in order to teleport to Duwn (pronounced like doon), the settlement right at the border where the school was located. Ariana's glittery golden suitcase was pretty colossal, and stuffed with both required and unnecessary junk. Besides her supplies, her suitcase was full of pictures, books (mostly fiction because she's had enough nonfiction with textbooks), toys (though she wouldn't admit to needing them), and different potion ingredients.

For her, the struggle was real when attempting to lift it up into the air. With a snap of her fingers, the suitcase teleported to the front of the school. Ariana sensed it was already there (hopefully), and imagined herself at the front of Universal. She shut her eyes, and with a snap of her fingers, she vanished into thin air, and hoped she had reached her destination, instead of randomly appearing somewhere else.

Sapphire's jaw dropped as she stared at the spectacular sight. Universal, school of lights and darks, was more astonishing then she or anyone she knows could ever imagine. The school seemed to glimmer like diamonds, which was what it appeared to be composed of. The walls were made out of gems, and so was everything in the whole school. No, it wasn't see through, as that would demolish the surprise of what is inside.

She recognized a certain fairy's suitcase at the front of the place. She then finally decided to enter the school to discover the luxury inside. As she entered the school, she wondered where in the world did the faculty and staff find so much gold, silver, and jewels. Every piece of furniture was encrusted with gems, and everything was made out of gold, silver, and jewels. Even though the couches appeared to be made of expensive materials, Sapphire felt them to be soft. She skipped to the main desk of the darks, which was on the right side of the room, and was made of a dark silver that was encrusted with jewels. These jewels included diamonds (black and white), amethyst, and other jewels that represented the night.

At the front desk stood a neko (in dark from Sapphire was also a neko) with dark brown cat ears and two piercing golden eyes. "Welcome to Universal, school of lights and darks. How can I help you?" Instead of replying Sapphire gazed at the neko's appearance. Neko's are half cat, half human beings that have furry cat ears and bright colored eyes. They are considered both of the light and dark origin, but they were mostly residents of Noxi.

"Uh, hello, are you there?" The neko at the front desk waved her hand in front of Sapphire's face. Sapphire quickly snapped out of her daze "Ya, sorry. I'm Sapphire, a new student." "I'm Brittani, one of the prefects, and I'll check for your name. Wait a sec." The neko named Brittani took out a piece of illuminating parchment, which morphed into a long list full of students' names written in midnight black. She quickly skimmed through the list, and spotted a certain name "Sapphire Crystals?" She stated, and examined the young girl head to toe. "Well, welcome Sapphire. Your dorm is in room 905 on the ninth floor of the west wing. Your roommate is waiting for you. We'll also give you the information of when the sorting will start. Good luck!" Brittani dismissed Sapphire and handed her a map of the school. Sapphire proceeded to a teleportation station, as she wasn't a fairy currently that was able to fly, nor did she learn the teleportation spell. She climbed into the enclosed space of the teleporter, mumbled her room number, and vanished from sight.

"Room 430, right?" Ariana checked to make sure she was standing in front of the right dorm in the east wing. The door was made out of rose gold and was encrusted with opal and tanzanite jewels. Ariana was anxious to meet her roommate, it was still a mystery who they were. Ariana had never met more than a couple of people in her kingdom, as she wasn't allowed to go much farther than the gates of her castle. Her parents claimed it was for her own safety, but she still wanted to see what it was like outside the gates of the castle. Ariana felt the cold rose gold metal as she hesitantly turned the door nob of the door to her new room.