Chapter Two

Callium knocks on the door and a slit opens revealing a pair of eyes. “Who is it and what do you want?” a voice asks from the other side.

“It’s Callium and friends; we’ve come for the party man.” Callium says after a short pause.

The slit closes and the main door opens after a short while. Callium turns back to us and gestures for us to continue in. “Man, while are you going to parties like this?” Boston asks as he passes through.

“Stop there please.” The voice asks.

We stop just inside the door and wait, Callium up front again. “Yo man, hows it been?” He asks as someone appears in front of us.

“Hey Callium man, it’s been good.” The guy replies.

“You remember my cousins, Jamie, Reece and Boston right?” Callium points behind him at us.

The figure steps into the light. “Of course I do, how can I forget a bunch of crazies like them?” Idris grins coming over and giving us all a giant hug. “It’s nice to see you lot again, parties just haven’t been the same.”

“Nah man, we missed you too.” I pat his shoulder and step back. “This is our friend Nix.” I push Nix forward.

“Hey man, nice to meet ya.” Nix extends his hand and Idris takes it pulling him in for a hug.

“We love having new blood around here.” Idris grins over Nix’s shoulder. “Anyway, come on through and let’s partay.” He fist pumps the air.

“Awesome man.” I grin following him closely.

I’m not an alcoholic, I just love a few drinks here and there, mum and dad hate us drinking around the house or coming home drunk. But Uncle Vance doesn’t mind and he’s also promised not to tell our parents if we do. He is awesome.

We follow Idris into the party area, bodies dancing, some on the makeshift stage others were they stand, all have drinks in hand. The girls party in groups eyeing guys off, some even rubbing up against guys clearly enjoying themselves.

We stop at the bar. “What you want mate?” Someone asks.

I turn to look at him and grin. “Hey Chad man.” I smile.

“Hey, when the fuck did you lot arrive?” He asks shouting over the loud music.

“Last night.” Reece replies.

“I’ll have a light beer.” Boston says distracted.

“Sure.” Chad laughs and gets the drink.

“Thanks.” And Boston’s off through the crowd.

“What can I get for the rest of you?” Chad asks still laughing.

“I’ll have the usual, if you still remember what it is.” I smirk.

“One Vodka coming right up.” Chad moves off.

“Make that two.” Nix leans in.

Chad looks up and nods.

“So, what you think Tron saw, that made him hurry off like that?” Nix asks slinging his arm over my shoulder.

“Probably an old friend or someone.” Reece speaks up from the other side of me.

“Hey guys, ima gonna catch ya later ok.” Callium says as a guy starts pulling him toward the dance floor.

“Yea catch ya mate.” Nix says for us.

Chad returns handing our drinks over to us, I nod politely at him and turn around to examine the mass of bodies. I stand up and turn to the others. “I’m off.” I say walking into the crowd toward a large group of girls.