23. [➳I'm sorry]

[Brielle]

I quickly ran towards the house and stopped at the front door. It was already opened so I just shrugged and walked in.

As I walked carefully through the house, I pulled my blade out. It was oddly quiet and it kind of gave me a bad feeling.

"Ragnor? Are you home? Probably you weren't expecting visits but this is an urgent matter." I shouted as I continued walking. The weird feeling didn't go away and somehow I knew he was in the house.

"Look, I'm not in the mood of playing hide and seek, but if that's how you want it then bring it." I shouted again. I was walking through the hall when I saw a painting of him hanging on the wall. It caught my attention so I walked closer to it to have a better look. As I was examining it, for a moment, I saw the eyes of the painting move. I rolled my eyes. "Next time, find a better hiding spot." I said as I pushed my arms through the paint and pulled him out of it. He let out a soft groan of pain as he landed on the floor.

"Well done, Brielle Fairchild. I've been expecting you and your sister as well. You have Jocelyn's talents, I see. Only a true artist would notice the subtle changes in my eyes. Yes, I know. I need to work in not moving my eyes. You don't need to remind me." He spoke quickly.

"You knew our mom. You made the potion for her, didn't you?" I asked.

"At her request, yes. And I knew it was only a matter of time before you and Clary came to me looking for the antidote. Please, sit." Ragnor said as he gestured to a chair that was next to the chimney.

"Where is Clary, Magnus and Jace? We were all together before crossing that fire and now they are suddenly gone?" I asked as I sat down.

"Let me do this my way!" He exclaimed. "Your friends, are the true?" He asked and I sighed in disbelief.

"What kind of question is that? Of course they are! Magnus has been your friend for centuries!" I snapped at him.

"This is not an act. This is not an act! It is essential." Ragnor said while looking at a chair that was to my right. I gave him a weird look.

"What is wrong with you? My friend, my sister, and my apparently new brother are missing and you're here just talking about some act?! I'm wasting my time." I hissed.

"What is worth to you?" He asked. I sighed with impatience. Is he for real?

"Whatever! Just bring them back and I'll give you anything." I stated and he gave me a small smile.

"That's what I wanted to hear." He said still smiling. He clicked his fingers and then Magnus, Clary and Jace appeared in some of the chairs of the living room.

"Honestly Ragnor, was that nonsense neccesary?" Magnus asked as he stood up from his chair and rubbed his wrist.

"Of course, she offered me anything. You were only up to a timeshare of your flat in Paris. Yawn." Ragnor replied and Magnus glared at him. Clary stepped in.

"Okay, enough with your warlock games. Can you really wake up our mother?" She asked.

"Not without the book of the white." He informed.

"What is the book of the white?" Jace asked annoyed.

"It's an ancient book of warlock magic containing spells more powerful than most warlocks would ever imagine." Magnus explained as he patted Ragnor's shoulder.

"I possessed the book when your mother came to me, and I used its contents to create the potion. Regrettably, I no longer have the book. I asked Jocelyn to hide it so that Valentine might never find it." Ragnor said.