Chapter 5: Hi?

After a few stretches, I was about to flip on the next chapter when I heard a voice calling for my name. And that voice belongs to an all-to-familiar angel, Gabriel. “Over here!” I shouted. “Where?!” came the reply, “You do know this place is huge, right? Or have you forgotten?” Hmm, how could I specifically tell him where I am… hold on, what’s this section of the library called again? I searched for the big label and it read “”. “I’m in the Vita ad Hominem section!!” I replied. “Oh! So this is where you were.” Gabriel said cheerfully. I was surprised when he just suddenly appeared behind me. “Oh my G-g.." when I saw Gabriel frown, "gosh... I was going to say gosh” I corrected. “Sure you did” He said rolling his eyes, then spots the book in my hands.

“What’s that you got there, James?” He asked. “Oh this?” raising the book at chest-level, “this is my book apparently…” “Yup, I thought so. He did say that you’re reading it” He says. He? Don’t tell me that he’s referring to Him, Him? As in Him?!  “and seems to me you’re enjoying it… Hey are you listening? If you’re wondering the ‘He’ I’m referring to, then it’s the Almighty”. “Oh! Okay… anyways,  yeah… It’s really good and… pretty accurate, haha!” I said with a laugh. “I was about to read the next chapter… uhm, do you want to read it with me?” Though I’m not quite sure if the book works its magic on two people? Uhm, two beings? Yup, definitely two beings. “If you’re not that busy that is.” “Sure! Why not?” He gladly said.

“The page is quite dusty there, want to blow it out?” Gabriel said. I nodded and blew out the dust, and then as usual I get a little dizzy and am transported into the realm of the book. “Sigh… I’d never get used to that…” “Ugh! Couldn’t agree more…” Huh? Gabriel is also here? Then this book works on whomever who reads it. “OUCH! My wings hurt” He cried in pain. “Hold up, wait. You meant to say that you’ve tried this before?” I questioned Gabriel. “Wha-? Oh, you mean going inside the books? Yes, I have. I sometimes accompany the Lord when He finishes the books.” “Finishes the books?” I asked. “You know, when a person dies the book is finished, the Lord writes the end and prepares it.” I stared at the archangel still confused. “Okay… this will be pretty new to you, so listen carefully.” I nodded. “So, uhm… do you know the Book of Life?” “Yes” I confirmed.

“It’s actually not a literal book you humans always mistaken it for a millennia.” “Huh? What do you mean?” I queried, still confused. “Okay, remember where you were before?” “Yeah, I was, no, we were at the gigantic library” “Yes and that library contains all the life stories of every human being born on Earth. Every story, down to the last moment…” “Which means?” I cut. “…Which means that the very library, where you’ve been reading this book and containing the rest of humanity’s books, is in fact the great, big, Book of Life!” He said as a matter-of-factly. “What?! That huge place is the Book of Life?!!” “Well, where else? You do know you are all 7 billion in total, that’s more than I have expected! The Lord did mention you all are giving Him a hard time… He would sometimes joke around and say “Have they ever heard of family planning? Or what My bright scholars call ‘protection’? Sigh… It’s not the Ice Age anymore…”

“Wow…” was all I could say. While recovering from shock caused by discovering one of the greatest mysteries of the Lord, Gabriel added, “His actually planning on renovating the place. Now that Steve Jobs is with us, He wants to give the Library a modern touch so that when Lord Jesus returns, the people won’t have a hard time~!” . “LOL, cool~! Never thought that I’d learn those facts” I said. “But He’s still waiting for Bill Gates though he won’t be joining us until at a more ‘later’ time” he continues “He needs both their help. Some of the Lord’s creativity was given to them.” 

“I just, wow…  I’d never would’ve” “Oh, there’s little you!” Gabriel cuts me and points towards the gate. “Huh?” I followed where he was pointing and yeah, it was me with mom accompanying. “Uhm, what time is it?” I asked. “It’s a quarter before eight” he replied, “quite the early bird haha”. “Well, I was pretty excited for school” Yeah, there was actually a time in my life that I’m EXCITED for school, SCHOOL! “They’re heading inside” I stated. “Shall we?” Gabriel offered. We followed mini-me and mom inside and were greeted by good ol’ Mr Wells. There were already a lot of children and parents in the building, all attending the welcoming ceremony.