Chapter 1: Awakening

Ugh…I got up and winced in pain, “Ouch! What a headache!” Wait… where am I? I looked around and gosh, it’s so white and bright in here… Oh, I see someone! I got up and practically ran towards the figure. “Uhm, e-excuse me?” I start. “Hmm, oh!” the figure clad in white replied, “You’re pretty early…” What is he talking about? I thought. The figure chuckled noticing my confused expression. “You’re James Robertson, right?” He said. Surprised, I replied “Wait… How’d you know my name?! And back to my first question, where am I? Please, please tell me!!”. “You really don’t remember, do you?” NO! I don’t remember anything! I screamed in my mind, hands grabbing my hair.

Hearing him cough, I look up to him and meet his eyes.  “You’re in Heaven son!” He said while opening and scanning a huge book. Wait… a book?! Where did that came from? But more importantly, HEAVEN?! I’m in HEAVEN!!??

 “And pretty early in your case”, he continues. Oh my… does this mean I… I.. I’m.. “Dead? Hmm, as of the moment you’re barely alive!” The figure cuts me. “Okay, so I’m not dead… yet, so why am I here? On hold or something?” I asked the figure but he just shrugged and went quiet for a moment.  Suddenly I heard a shout “Idea!!! How about I ask Him?” The figure said. Him? Who’s Him? And as if reading my thoughts the figure said “You know HIM! As in capital H.I.M, Him!” Then it hit me, “Oh! Him as in… oh my g-, I mean, God?” I said. The figure looked at me with a raised brow and continued, “Hehe, you’re one funny fellow! Well, come with me!” Without any warning, the figure, who I now assumed was an angel, grabbed my hand and practically flew us to who-knows-where.

While flying to our “destination”, I got to see a great view of Heaven and it truly is… is… beautiful, awesome, or extravagant? I don’t really know what to describe this place! It really is what the Bible had described or perhaps something much more?

I sighed as we arrived, I was enjoying the view but then my jaw dropped as I saw the building in front of me. “W-w-Wow!” was all I could manage. “Awesome, right?”, I nodded in agreement, “Welcome to the Library!” The angel said. “Wait, what? L-library? Don’t you mean palace or something? With all the gold and gems that line it.” I corrected. “Silly boy, nope! This is the heavenly Library! I’ll leave you here for a moment as I go talk with my Boss” The angel said as he starts to depart. “Hey, wait… Wait!!!” I screamed. “Huh, what is it?” He stopped. “B-but, w-what if I get bored? A-and, I know this is kinda awkward, but at least tell me who you are so-so I’ll h-hold you responsible!” I nervously replied. I hear him chuckle and said, “A silly boy indeed. You do know this is a library, and duh, you could just read what you like! It’s fun!” “No, reading is NOT fun!” I argued but he just laughed and replied, “Oh well, suit your self. And as for the second query, my name is Gabriel! At your service! Okay, so for now, adios!”

I saw him leave and Did… did he just said his name was Gabriel?! As in the flipping(forgive my language) Archangel??!! I sighed again… This is going to be a long, long day or does Heaven even have like a day-and-night cycle? It’s practically all bright with no chance of darkness! I pondered. Since I’m automatically bored and obviously libraries aren't my thing... alas, no choice then. I looked around the vast shelves of this ginormous library. Searching through its golden halls, I’m practically skipping here! Then came to a sudden stop… I should really stop the sarcasms… but can’t help it since I’m on “hold”.

I walked into what seems like an endless rows of shelves filled with books that, in all honesty, God knows what. I sighed deeply. Then I felt… felt something… something calling to me… I followed where that “calling” or whatever I felt was coming from. I stumbled from an invisible stone then I found it, since I was officially “facebooked” (If you know what I mean)… It’s a… book? Feeling my face to check if some of it was stuck on the book, and thank God! It’s intact. I inspected the book Hmm, strange… no cover? I opened the book and I gasped!  “W-what the!” I practically screamed.

Title: The Life of James Robertson

Out of fear, I dropped the book on to the golden floor. “Is this some kind of joke!?” I shouted at the air. I felt tears start to fall from my eyes as I grabbed the book again and read the tile. A-and t-the au-author? I shakily traced the page with my finger, reading and letting the words sink in.

Author: Robertson, J.

The author was me? Of course! It is my life. Gosh, I hate my sarcasm… to think I am barely alive or on hold or whatever! But... why? I thought it was supposed to be Him... and how am I the author if I have been living my life mostly on earth... "Ack!" I yelped as my headache suddenly came back again. After few moments of pain, I breathed out a very heavy sigh. Suddenly an urge to read the book is growing inside me. Maybe, just maybe, the answer is in this book... I thought. Hmm, I looked around my surroundings to check if I was alone. Then I started to read.

.

.

.

.

Story of my life, huh.