Chapter 3

Jamie's POV

---------------->

"Your room is nice." I walk around Ashton's room while he is doing research. Haha I'm tired and he said I could take a 5 minute break. We have been working for two hours. It's around 4 now. We were working really slow. The quotes had to have meanings it just random quotes. Such a stupid project.

"Yeah." He laughs quietly.

"How many quotes do we have?" I sit down getting to work once more.

"Five." I replies.

"Ugh."

"Yeah." He sighs. "What days can you work on the project"

"Any days. What about you?" I should have said a random day so he would think I actually have a life.

"Any days really. But sometimes I might be busy but I'm usually free everyday."

"Same." I respond even though I am always free.

"So do you want to work tomorrow after school?" He asks.

"Yeah, that works." I nod.

"Well we can do more tomorrow." He nods.

I take out my phone and see I have no missed calls or texts. I decide to look up more quotes.

"What is the point of this project?" Ashton seems frustrated.

"To find Shakespeare quotes and analyze the meaning. I think the real meaning is because our teacher just wants to keep us busy and she doesn't know how to teach." I reply.

"This takes a long time. I thought it was going to be quotes analyze not find so many quotes and write a 3 giant paragraph on each quote."

"Yeah same." I reply.

I look through my phone trying to find more quotes.

"The earth has music for those who listen." William Shakespeare

I read out loud.

"That's good. Wait, what was it?" I read it again to Ashton.

We spend about 25 minutes analyzing it and it's meaning. This project seems simple but it really isn't.

"Okay, we have six. I think that's enough for today." Ashton yawns.

"Yeah." I nod and start to pack up.

"What do you want to do now?" Ashton asks.

"I think I should go. I don't wanna over stay my visit and I have other homework to do also." He wants me to stay?

"What homework do you have?" He asks.

"Math and history." I reply looking through my backpack to double check.

"Oh. I have math and history too. I also didn't finish 3 problems on the science worksheet. Wanna work on homework together?"

"Sure." Why would he wanna work with me? I'm the biggest loser in school and I'm not even that smart.

He gets out textbooks.

"Will you help me with science then we can do math and history together?" I nod at his question.

-

We spend the next hour and a half doing homework.

"It's 6:32 I think I have to get going." I start to pack up.

Ashton gets up from his spot next to me on his bed and puts his stuff away.

"Okay, want me to drive you home?" He asks.

No I don't because my house is really small compared to your mansions and I don't need you to see my house.

"No it's okay. I can walk." I smile

"Aww not what kind of gentleman would I be if I let you walk?" He laughs.

"No seriously it's okay." I smile again.

"C'mon. The least I can do is drive you." He grabs his keys.

"Fine."

We walk downstairs and get in his car.

He drives me home then we say goodbye.

I go in my house and am thankful that my parents are not home. I don't need them yelling at me again. It wasn't even my fault and it's not like I wasn't sad about it either. I cried for months. It's just ridiculous how they still yell at me every night for that same reason, but would you blame them?