Chapter One- 'Mr and Mrs Dillon'

I was sat in a room with Lucy, Lucy's older sister- Meredith- and Lucy's little sister- Marissa. Of course, today was the day my best friend, Lucy, was becoming Mrs Lucy Dillon. I had to admit, I was extremely excited about it because I was a bridesmaid. My brown hair was curled and up in a bun, two white flowers were placed in the bun to make it look more formal. My make-up was natural but still complimented my skin tone and my eye colour- brown.

The bridesmaid dresses were beautiful. My brother, Dylan's, son, Caylen, was the paigeboy and his daughter, Cassie- who was one- was a bridesmaid. She could walk but Caylen and Daryl- our cousin, Derek's, son- had to hold her hand. The dresses were light pink, floor length and just stunning. We had to wear silver heels but that didn't bother me and, sooner or later, we were all ready to go. 

We all got in order. Jenn didn't want to be a bridesmaid so she was just a guest while Andrea was also a bridesmaid. The order was our cousin's son, Daryl, and Caylen in the front, Cassie in between them holding their hands, then it was Meredith and Marissa, then Andrea and me and, lastly, it was Lucy with her dad. I was having terrible nerves. I was nervous because my boyfriend, family, best friends and people I don't even know were out there and they were going to be watching me as well as the bride. Plus, my boyfriend was out there.

The music- Christina Perri's song, A Thousand Years- began to play and I took a deep breath before the three little kids began to walk down the aisle. It was hard to believe that Caylen was nearly four. He was three in August last year and he was turning four soon. His sister, Cassie, was born a week after his birthday.

Marissa and Meredith then began to walk down the aisle, making my nerves become even worse. Andrea turned to look at me and smiled, making me smile back at her. It was then our turn to walk down the aisle. We both took our first step onto the pale purple carpet that had been layed out from the door to the altar. Andrea and I both looked over at one another and smiled before turning to look forward. Kian and Connor walked down the steps and linked with either one of us.

Connor took me to our seats on the front row. We both stood like everyone else as we watched Lucy walk down the aisle, looking absolutely gorgeous. She looked like a queen and she was for the day. She was the queen for the day. Connor wrapped his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder. Although we were engaged, we were taking it slow. We still acted like we were just boyfriend and girlfriend because we don't plan on getting married for another year.

Lucy soon made it to the end of the aisle and we were all allowed to take our seats. Connor got his phone out and took a sneaky little photo for Instagram and, quickly, posted it. He intertwined his fingers with mine and we rested our hands on his left leg. I was sittin on the right of him with my mum on one side of me. They said their vows and then it came to the important part.

"Ricky Dillon, do you take Lucy Marie Cooper as your lawfully wedded wife?" The vicar asked my cousin, who was beaming.

"I do." Ricky says, making my eyes fill with tears. I bit my lipglossed lips to try and hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. Mum, my Aunt, Lucy's Mother, Lucy's Aunt, My Grandma and various other people were already crying. I placed my hand on my mothers, making her turn to look at her. A tear streamed down my face and she handed me a tissue, which I wiped my eyes with. Luckily, I was wearing waterproof mascara so it was okay.

"Lucy Maria Cooper, do you take Ricky Dillon as your lawfully wedded husband?" The vicar asked my best friend, who was also beaming.

"I do." She smiled.

"I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The vicar said as we all stood up and the two of them shared a short and sweet, yet passionate, kiss. Mum and I both dabbed our eyes before everyone tried to get photo's of Lucy and Ricky. Connor had his arm over my shoulder and I had mine wrapped around his waist.