Chapter 8: The Sake-Loving Captain!

A/N: Yes, I'm finally posting a chapter! Sorry for the wait; homework and stuff sure take up a lot of time. A little bit of Mizuki's sadistic/playful side might come out in this chapter so please keep in mind that any violence that happens is not intentional. It is just the playful/funny type. Also, some of the Bleach characters might be OOC, but please bear with it! If you find any grammar, spelling, and etc. please notify me through the comments section! Enjoy! If you have any comments, questions, or concerns please tell me, okay! Read on!

Chapter 8: The Sake-Loving Captain!

*Mizuki's POV*

~ 38 minutes later ~

''It's Nanao!" The girl with glasses objects.

''NO! It's Nana!" I argue.

''Nanao!" Nanao protests.

''Nana!" I frown. We'd been at it for a long time now and Nanao still won't assent to the nickname I've given her.

''My name is Nanao. Just saying one more letter wouldn't hurt you, would it?" Nanao reasons.

''Lessening your name by just one more letter couldn't hurt you, would it?" I state, mimicking her earlier words.

''Hmph!" Nanao says. ''Why does it have to be Nana?''

''Why can't it be Nana?'' I argued back. ''If your nickname is Nana, then we're both Nanas.''

''What?'' Shuhei and Izuru sweat-dropped.

''Think about it! My last name as Nana in it and Nana's first name has Nana in it, so if she's Nana, then Mizuki and Nana are both Nanas.''

''I can't understand.'' Izuru groaned.

''Too many Nanas.'' Shuhei agreed.

''So just be Nana.'' I shout. Nanao is unable to come up with another good reason to refute mine. ''Alright! Mizuki's going to call you Nana, okay!" I smile brightly as Shu and Izu sweat drop.

''Why couldn't they decided that half an hour ago?" Izuru asks quietly. Shuhei nods to show his agreement. I glare at them and start unsheathing one of the swords by my hip.

''Did you two just say something?" I say, grinning darkly.

''Nope!" The duet immediately say. I chuckle slightly. It's soooooo easy to scare them. I think. Just wait until they watch me fight Hollows, or better yet, Menos Grande. I bet I'll scare their swords off!

''Anyways," Nanao says moving her eyeglasses up so that they flash in the bright afternoon sun. "What was your name again?"

''Mizuki Atsuko Nanami! Head-Lieutenant of the Gotei 13!" I say cheerfully claim. ''Our names both have 'Nana' somewhere in them!''

''I see." Nanao says.

''My, my, what's all this ruckus so early in the morning about?" A man's voice suddenly asks sleepily.

''Captain! There you are!" Nanao says, adjusting her eyeglasses again. "I've been looking all over for you."

''Awww, Nanao-chan was looking for me." Nanao's captain sounds like he enjoys that idea.

''S-Shut up!" Nanao says, blushing furiously. "We have paperwork to do, Captain Kyoraku!"

''But it's still morning!" The man in the pink kimono protests. "We can do the paperwork in the afternoon."

''It's already afternoon." Nanao says with an irk mark on her forehead. She grabs him by the ear and starts pulling him away.

'That looks painful." Shu comments.