Chapter 11: Popcorn!

*General POV*

''I commend all squads for their quick and efficient work on defeating all of the hollows. Captains, I remind you to submit a form detailing all events and the performances of each squad member. That is all for now, dismissed!'' Yamamoto-taichou bangs his staff on the ground and disappears, leaving the rest of the shinigami to return to their normal duties.

''That was soooo boring!'' Mizuki groaned, her seriousness gone as if it had never been there.

Nearby, Toshiro crossed his arms as a vein popped in his head. ''Show some respect for the Captain-Commander Yamamoto, would you?''

''But he gathered all of the squads like that and all he does is congratulate us and kick us out. He didn't have to summon all of us if he's going to do that!'' Mizuki mumbled, yawning as she stretched her arms.

''Head-Lieutenant Nanami, if you wish to create a ruckus, please kindly do so outside.'' Byakuya passed by, sparing at a glance at the seemingly carefree teenager.

Mizuki whirls around, immediately recognizing the cold voice. ''Wahhh, you're so mean Bya-Bya! Be honest to yourself, that meeting was so boring!''

''I remind you that you are to address me as Captain Kuchiki and nothing less.'' Byakuya brushed by her, completely ignoring her reaction.

Mizuki mocked Byakuya in a ridiculous tone. ''Oh, it looks like Mr. I-Have-A-Stick-Up-My-Butt is running away. Oh sorry, it was Captain Kuchiki, right? Do you just want to be called that because you think you're so much better than all the rest of us commoners?''

Izuru gave a her a side glance. ''Mizuki, you're acting a little weird.''

''You can stop doing that. Captain Kuchiki won't provoked like that so easily.'' Shuhei sighed.

''Am I to take that as a challenge, Head-Lieutenant Nanami?'' Byakuya turned around as he grasped the hilt of his sword with his hand.

''WHAT? HE FELL FOR IT!'' Shuhei and Izuru gasped.

''If you say so, Bya-Bya!'' Mizuki grinned, grabbing her sword as well. The tension rose, the rising pressure of the two captain's reiatsu suffocating nearby shinigami.

''Sorry to interrupt, but fighting really should not be encouraged in here, Captain Kuchiki, Head-Lieutenant Nanami. If you would like to have a match, please kindly set it up somewhere else with an official date.'' The person who interrupted the two smiled at everyone at the scene.

''O-Okaa-san!'' Mizuki uttered, the mere surprise of seeing Unohana stopping her in her tracks.

''Hello, Mizuki-chan. It's good to see you all so energetic, but such energy should really be left for other tasks.'' Unohana's smile got even wider, friendly but also expecting obedience.

''O-of course! Sorry!'' Mizuki hastily shoved her sword back to where it belonged.

''It's alright, no need to apologize.''

''Oi, since when was Mizuki so obedient?'' Izuru whispered.

''Must be Captain Unohana.'' Shuhei whispered back

''You two...'' Mizuki growled.

Byakuya also relaxed, straightening his posture. ''As if I would have to take her on seriously. Abarai, follow me.''

''Yes sir!'' Renji quickly followed his captain, pondering over what just happened. It's unlike Captain to get so hot-headed. As expected, you're something special to make Captain Kuchiki act like that, Mizuki-san.

|.-.|._.|.-.|._.|.-.|._.|.-.|._.|.-.|._.|.-.|._.|.-.|

''Bya-Bya is so uptight~'' Mizuki whined for the hundredth time.