Chapter Ten. What a Shocker I'm Back.

So today is my first day back to school in a long time I guess. I bet my former perfect 4.0 has dropped. I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced me as student body president. And I also wouldn't be shocked if I lost my place as valedictorian. Gil left early so he could get to his college on time for his class. 

I skipped my workout like I have been doing and I just showered. We hired a full time puppy sitter/ trainer person who would watch and train our boys while we were at school. She was like the puppy guru and she wasn't cheap. She was a little older. Our maids were going to make sure that she didn't do anything sketchy for me. 

When I got out of the shower I dried up and blow dried my long hair. I went into the closet and got into a pair of jeans and a regular tee shirt. I slipped on some socks and tennies and I grabbed a coat. I didn't do my hair. I didn't bother with my makeup. I just grabbed my bag and my car keys for my older car. There was no way I would risk getting my new one damaged at school. 

The drive to school was a quiet one, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed out on. Graduation was in 3 short months. My dad wouldn't be there to take pictures of me. He wouldn't be there to cheer me on. This is just perfect. 

When I got to the school I pulled into the half full parking lot. It was buzzing with teenagers. Everyone was sort of staring at my car pulling in. What a shocker I'm back. I parked my car and got out. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. Everyone was staring. It's not like they've never seen me before I mean seriously. 

Just because my dad died and I went MIA for a couple days doesn't mean they need to gawk at me like I went and slept with the principle. I walked into the building and to my locker. I opened it and grabbed my books and went to class. When I got there my crazy cool teacher pulled me into a hug. 

"Welcome back Spencer." She said and then let go of me. 

"Thanks." I mumbled. 

"Me and the rest of your teachers have all of your work for you and we even picked out a great tutor for you so you can catch up for the next couple days. When you're all caught up you're more then welcome back into class. But until then we have booked one of the study rooms in the library for you for this week. You will meet your tutor there every morning at first period and you will get caught up on your classes from the beginning of period one till school lets out. You of course have the regular lunch break." She said leading me out of the room. 

"So who's my tutor then?" I asked her as we walked to the library. 

"Nick Houser." She said with a smile. I knew Nick he was the hottest guy in the school. He was a perfect jock in every standard. Girls worshiped him and guys wanted to be him. Everyone thought that he walked on water. Except for me. Me and Nick have been battling for the highest gpa at the school since freshman year. We were sworn enemies. He was part of the reason no one wanted to be friends with me at this school. 

She cannot seriously stick me in a sound proof study room in the library with him all day for a week! This is crazy! We'll kill each other! 

"I can catch up on my own you know, I mean I have the books and everything it won't be a problem. You know me I am very driven." I pleaded her. We walked into the library and to the back. 

"I know you can do it on your own and that you are driven, but you do need a little help Spencer. We all know you're the brain at this school but sometimes you need a little help." She said and brought me to the last study room. She opened the door and I walked in and took a seat on one side of the table. 

"I just don't think it would be fair to Nick if I took up his entire week of learning just so I can get caught up." Maybe that would do the trick.