Panic

Danny

I wake to find the blonde from last night spaced out on the bed. Jeez I hope she can walk today, last night was full on. Stretching I look around and find my clothes, holy crap do they smell bad! Not wanting to wake her, I skip the shower and dress. Unable to find a piece of paper I don't write a note, she probably is use to it by now.  Heading back in the general direct of the bar and my phone buzzes. Shauna has text me 'Where are you? Have I done anything?' No-one knows where I am apart from mum and dad, tough not sharing. I switch it off. 

Eventually I get back to the bar and find John slumped over a chair clutching a bottle of beer. The floor is littered with empty bottles and no-one else is around. They must have scored like me, John on the other hand probably did her in the middle of the bar without giving a damn. I shake is shoulder and get no response so I try again and again, just to check I take his pulse and the lucky bastard is alive just passed out. Hunting around I find a bottle of water in the fridge behind the bar and pour it over him.

"Holy shit, what the fuck is your problem?"

Always in such a pleasant mood. John realises that he is screaming at me and stops, his eyes twinkle with a knowing look that says 'I know what you did last night' I don't care, he is no saint either. He stands up and shakes his head to get rid of the water, he looks me seriously in the eyes.

"Mate, we ain't playing again. Let me sober up then we'll head home."

Well at least last night had been a good night so I'm not too disappointed. I sit on the floor and wait for John to recover.

Shauna

Oww! I sit up and the pain in my right side continues. I get out of my sleeping bag and try to find the first aid box. Luckily it is packed with paracetamol and other drugs  don't know, nor do I want to know. I pop two out and swallow. I gather up my wash things and a simple yellow skater dress before going to shower. Even after a hour the paracetamol has not kicked in and I begin to feel warm. I get back to the tent and bend down to zip up my sleeping bag. The ground rushes forward to meet me.

I wake and my vision is full of bright, white light. Underneath me is something solid and a light blanket is on top. I'm in hospital in the accident and emergency department, alone. A nurse appears and asks me a few questions; age, medical history and other questions that I rattle of the answers to. She leaves and once again I'm alone with nothing to do. I fall asleep.

I wake a find my mum sitting on a chair watching me. She looks worried and not as immaculate as normal. Her hair is tied back in a messy bun and she is wearing jeans and a simple, navy jumper.

"Sweetie, are you ok? The doctor is coming to run some tests soon." She holds my hand and I squeeze, never wanting to let go.

My doctor appears, a young pretty woman with fiery red hair wearing scrubs. She introduces herself as Dr Rose. She takes some blood then asks for a sample. She points me towards the bathroom with a bottle. Five minutes later I return and hand it over before sitting on the bed. She leaves, saying that she will return with the results when she gets them. Mum sits with me and we discuss the holiday and what I have done.

Dr Rose returns with an unreadable expression on her face.

"Well Shauna I have some good news.  We know what is causing the pain."

She gives my the diagnose. I'm shocked, it can't be possible. Mum looks as shocked as I feel. Someone brought my handbag to the hospital and inside I find my phone. Excusing myself I go and stand outside the A and E department. I find Danny's number and dial. Hoping he picks up, which he does.

"Danny, I have something to tell you. Something really important."