Meeting

Shauna

 Mum's head pops around the curtain and she rolls her eyes. I look back in the mirror and have to stop myself screaming again. The shirt is awful; I'm a walking fashion disaster. If I walk out of here with this shirt, I will never live it down. Quickly, I remove the shirt and pull on my own top, once again feeling more comfortable. I walk out of the changing room and straight into an assistant, literally. She pushes me away and mutters about keeping my lesbian lust to myself. Spotting mum, I head over to find more of the awful shirts on the counter. They were accompanied by a pair of beige walking boots, thick socks, a purple sleeping mat and mat, as well as a blue waterproof. The cashier hands mum her card, packs the bag before handing it to mum. Mum leads me out the shop and back towards the car while pulling me out of the way of other pedestrians, then she proceeds to force me into the car and drives.

 "Mum why did you buy them? I mean, what the hell. They are so ugly."

 "Darling I know, but you want to be practical. We need to pack when we get in."

 I stare out the window and sulk; this is going to be the worst holiday ever. When we arrive home, we head upstairs and begin to pack. I pull out shorts, jumpers and underwear whilst mum packs today's purchases and 'sensible' pajamas into the suitcase along with a towel. I go to the bathroom to pull together my wash kit that includes shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, makeup and more. I take it back to my room and stuff it into the suitcase. Mum takes it downstairs with the intention of labelling it along with my sleeping bag and mat. I walk around my room and realize how much I'll miss everything, call me materialistic, but I don't care.

 NOOO! I don't want to go camping! Hey, it's simple, I can't go if I don't get up. Mum leaves the room after her failed attempt of waking me up. *splash* Shit, mum has just poured ice cold water on me, forcing me to get up. I drip all the way to the bathroom and the second my damp foot touches the tiled floor, I skid into the sink. I shower and savor the feeling, who knows when I will be able to see running water again. Back in my room, mum has laid out a cutoff pair of shorts and a Jack Wills hoodie, which I put on. I do my perfect makeup and leave my hair down; simple flats make me travel ready.

 I get downstairs and find my best friend Hannah. We run at each other for an embrace, laughing our heads off. Hannah is feeling the camping vibe more than me; wearing dungarees, walking boots and her straight black hair in bunches. I find out that Hannah has borrowed her brother's van and we are taking it so we can fit all the stuff in. Good idea, on the plus side, the van does not look too bad as it's black. I eat cookie crisp for breakfast minus the milk whilst Hannah stands around chatting with my parents. When I finally finish, I bid goodbye before following Hannah to the van, dad had already packed my bags into the boot. I call shotgun as we pile in to head to Fredrick's house to pick up the rest of the group. I'm still not sure that this trip is going to be brilliant, but Hannah's enthusiasm is contagious.

After everyone manages to squash into the van, we move onto the motorway. Hannah and I are in the front whilst Fredrick, Eva, and Hector are in the back all geared up for the holiday. I turn up my music, allowing myself to drift into the calming lyrics of Tom Petty. I don't notice that we are there until...

 "We are here!" everyone's screams made me jump, only to be strangled by my seatbelt and it hurts.

 Everyone else has already left the car, so I jump out to join them. A pretty woman is waiting for us, not at all fitting the image in my head. Next to her is a...young man about my age. He almost resembles a model; all chiselled cheekbones, blue eyes and floppy blonde hair with an athletic frame. His looks would be improved if he removed the look of distaste on his face.

 Danny

 'Welcome, I'm Danny and I shall be your bitch for your stay,' hmm, not really the best welcoming speech ever, but it will do. Mum said I had to 'play nice' today, but sadly I have no intention of doing so; spoilt rich kids can fucking get over themselves. I have walked around the site to make sure that everything is working and not vandalized. It came to my attention that the only vacant pitch is right next to the house, so that's where the rich kids will be. The only plus side is that this pitch has no electricity, my heart bleeds for them. I can't wait for my life to change, not.

 As they get out of their van, I'm surprised, which for me is an unusual feeling. Most of them are actually prepared to camp; not dressed in labels or all that shit but normal stuff. Perhaps this won't be that bad, yep, I'm naive. The last of the group gets out and she reeks of a typical rich kid trying to camp, this will be the one who cries because she forgot her hair straighteners. Mum starts the tour and we all follow. The second she points out the showers, I see the girls eyebrows shoot up her face and I smirk. She notices my smirk, showing distaste in how much that annoyed her, very much. If you removed the makeup and dressed her like the rest of her group, then she would look good, perhaps better than good. My new objective for this fortnight - to irritate the hell out of her.

 Mum makes sure to introduce me, before vanishing off somewhere herself. They all return the gesture themselves and ask if I'll help with putting up the tent. They are not so bad, I may be a bit prejudiced but they won't know that. The tent is assembled so we take a break and start talking about our favourite music, it's all okay till..

 " Argh! Get it away from me!"

 We all look over to find the girl, Shauna, being 'attacked' by a little cocker spaniel that belongs to one of the campers on the top field. The dog is licking all her exposed thigh, it clearly wants to play but Shauna obviously doesn't. Before any of us reacts, the dog's owner calls out and it leaves. Shauna is visibly relieved. I can't help but let out a laugh, the uncontrollable laughter that you can't stop, catching her attention and twisting her expression into that of disgust. Figuring this might be a good time to leave; so I excuse myself after promising to come back later.