Too Good to Be True- Eden's Edge

A/N: This is gonna be a longer chapter. I believe you guys deserve it for getting me close to 900 reads on this story. Hopefully, if it's true love you'll vote and comment on whether or not I'm doing a good job or not. Every writer has their doubts. Enough with my babbling and on to the story...

..............................................................***..............................................................

"So are you ready for our date," Ashton asked as I answered the phone.

"I believe I am, sir."

"Good. I'll be there in five minutes and I expect to meet your parents."

"Oh you will. My mother is eager to meet the boy I spent a whole school night with after only just meeting."

"Sounds like I'm in trouble already."

"You just might be."

"I'm sure I can get out of it. I'm quite charming, if I do say so myself."

"Exactly, you say so. No one else does."

"You don't have to be so harsh."

"I'm not harsh, just honest."

"Keep talking to me like that and you'll have to pay for your half of this date, ma'am."

"You sound so serious and demanding. It's hot."

"Don't try to make it all better now, missy." I giggled once again.

"What are we even doing on this date," I asked. We had already done some pretty crazy things. I couldn't wait to see what he had in store for us.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out."

"Hmm, trying to be mysterious. I like it."

"I knew you would."

"Oh, you don't know me."

"I know you better than I know myself!" I saw him pulling up, but we stayed on the phone as he walked up to the door.

"No you don't! What's my favorite color," I teased through the window, sticking my tongue out.

"It's the color of whatever is interesting you at the moment." He stuck his tongue out and I tried to glare, something I could never do.

"Hmm, touché. One point for Ashton."

"Told ya!" I opened the door for him and hung up the phone.

"Whatever," I told him before calling my parents to meet him.

            My mom was the first to come down the stairs, looking regal in her deep purple suit. It was saved for her most important functions. I could only assume she had official business to attend after I left. My dad soon followed. He was wearing his glasses, so I knew he was headed to his office.

“Mom, Dad, this is Ashton.” They nodded. “Ashton, this is Mr. and Mrs. Harris, my parents.” Ashton held out his hand to shake theirs. My mother smiled, but my dad kept his face business-like, which was to be predicted. My mother had to show she was above this interaction and a respected public figure and my dad had to show he was a respected man and my protector.

“I promise to have her back unharmed and in the same condition I’m taking her.” Ash smiled charmingly.

“I want her home before midnight,” my dad said.

“Yes, sir. That can definitely be arranged.” Ashton put on a big smile. My dad didn’t seem like he was pleased at all. I laughed.

“Dad, I’ll be fine! I’ve hung out with him before. He actually got me a job, so be nice! I’ll be back when I can.” I grabbed Ashton’s hand and began to pull him away.