Bad Day- Daniel Powter

We walked into the best coffee shop there ever was, though it wasn't famous for the coffee. Don't get me wrong the coffee was amazing, but the Alex was even better. And yes, was awesome enough to get 'the' before his name. He could do anything. You want coffee? He can make it any way you want. You want some cheering up? Just walk in with a sad face and listen to the music change. Need some advice? Just complain and he'll help out. Alex wasn't just that awkward looking scruffy tall guy working behind the counter. He was our town's go to guy.

"Alex, whip me up something special. I had a bad day," I called, leaning over the counter and grabbing a peppermint stick. Bad Day by David Powter started playing over the loud speaker and I immediately brightened up.

"Already on it," he said handing me a drink.

"Thanks. I swear you're psychic."

"I am. You didn't know," he replied in mock shock. I laughed and went to join Rosemarie and Vivian at our table, where they were waiting for me. Rose was sitting there with a smile on her face as usual. Her

"Okay, let's get to the talking, since you're going to force it out of me anyway."

"Well then get it over with," said Vivian with a bored expression, flipping her red hair over her shoulder.

"Well fine," I snapped.

"Don't let her piss you off. You know she's always crabby when she doesn't get a call from her boo," Rose said with a smile, her bubbly personality spilling over making me feel a little better.

"Okay, so this is what happened...

I was hanging with Beau. We were having a beautiful time. We were playing around and making out on the hood of his car occasionally. He was making me smile and laugh with him. I was just so happy in that moment. I felt lucky to have him and our relationship. I was excited that we were on such good terms. We were really feeling each other, but his face turned serious after a matter of hours and all of the sudden he turns to me and asks what I would do if he was to break up with me. I laughed at it, but he was looking at me a little wrong and I couldn't help but panic. My face turned serious too. We had been having so much fun and I could not for the life of me figure out where that question had come from. I was a little confused too, because I didn't see his thought process or even how he managed not to be distant the whole time, if that was what he was really thinking. I took his hand in mine and told him that I had no idea, because I had never really thought about anything negative happening between us. He snapped at me, telling me that I should always prepare for the worse and that I never thought about anything. I didn't understand what I'd done wrong, if I'd done anything wrong. Tears threatened to spill over my eyes. He was just so angry. I told him I was sorry with a question mark all over my face. He stopped everything and looked at me, furious. He just said that it was over and got in his car and sped away. I had so many unanswered questions hitting my mind with full force. I didn't even have time to redeem myself and get angry about anything, which you know I needed to do. He knew what was coming, which is probably why he left so soon. He wasn't going to be able to handle what was coming his way, especially since I was all emotional at first. Usually my first response is anger. That had to throw him off some. I didn't do anything he expected me to. My hormones are already all over the place and now I need to deal with the break-up of an asshole. I'm pissed and I want my revenge.

I'm done now. Happy now, Vivian," I said emphasizing the syllables of her name.

"We really do need to get him back," Rose said, still managing to look happy with her frown lightly touching the corners of her mouth. Vivian's phone started ringing and she lit up. Rose and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

"Yeah, we need to get him back, but I will just join the planning in ten minutes. I must go take this phone call." She blew us a kiss and strolled off to her phone place, smiling to herself.

"How can she do that? I swear that girl is just out of her mind." I could tell Rose wanted to be mad, but it wasn't her personality.

"She's just a little shallow," I defended a bit. At least I was telling the truth. I could've lied. Kudos and smiley faces for that right? I do believe so.

"Sweetie, drink your peppermint coffee. You'll feel better in no time," Rose reassured.

"How did you know I had something with peppermint in it?"

"I can smell the peppermint all the way over here. Plus, you always get something with peppermint on these days. It calms you, which is also why I keep peppermints everywhere." I had never really thought about it, but she was telling the truth. I was addicted to peppermint. What a beautiful thing to be?

"Well, I had a bad day." I pouted and brought the straw to my mouth with a sad look on my face. I overdramatically sipped at my drink and threw myself onto the table. "I'm so depressed." I growled and Rose laughed at me.