; five

Z O E E 

        Zoee doesn't bother to change into other clothes to go over to Peter's house

        Zoee doesn't bother to change into other clothes to go over to Peter's house. She stays in her oversized sweatshirt because to her it's very comfortable and warm. Plus, she doesn't need to impress Peter. Why would she need to?

        After Zoee left her mother's room, she goes into the tiny living room and grabs her bag and keys. She leaves the place she now calls home by going through the front door and closing it behind her. She locks the door with her keys before making her way out of the apartment building she lives in. Zoee walks to Peter's house, stopping in front of it and looking up at it with raised eyebrows. Is she really going to do this? She has to, she already agreed to it. There is no going back now.

        She sighs out deeply before nodding to herself and walking up the porch's steps slowly. Once she reaches the front door, she softly knocks on it with her fist. She hears light footsteps approaching the door before the door actually opens. As the wooden door swung open, it reveals a woman that looks like she is in her late sixties, late seventies. She has shoulder-length wavy brown hair with light eyes. Zoee doesn't seen any resemblance of Peter in her so she gets confused for a moment. Was this Peter's house?

        "Hello there," greets this woman with a warm, kind smile. "You must be Zoee, correct?"

        Zoee wants to smile back to not seem rude to the nice woman but she can't. She hasn't smiled or shown any emotion in a long time so she can't bring herself to do so. So instead, she nods.

        The woman's smile grows bigger, some wrinkles creasing on her face as she motions Zoee to walk in with her hand. "Come in, come in!"

        Zoee nods again while the lady steps aside to give Zoee some room to walk in. Zoee steps in, immediately noticing a staircase to her right and a way to walk into the living room on her left. She doesn't know where to go until the woman walks to her and places a hand on her shoulder. "Come into the living room, Peter will be right down." She says, leading her to the living room. "Go and sit down, honey, make yourself comfortable."

        Zoee hesitantly walks over to the couch and sits down on the plush seating. She places her messenger bag on her lap and holds it there with her hands.

        "So I'm May, Peter's aunt, so you can call me Aunt May if you'd like." The woman, May, takes a seat next to Zoee, folding her hands on her lap. Zoee nods, licking her lips as then in walks in a man around May's age with graying hair. He goes to May and greets her with a kiss on the forehead before looking over at Zoee.

        "Is this the famous Zoee we can't stop hearing about?" The man smiles, standing by May. Zoee's eyes widen slightly as she raises her eyebrows.

        "This is Zoee, Ben." May confirms, nodding then chuckling softly at Zoee's reaction. "Peter talks about you all the time. All good things he's told us, all good things, don't worry."