Prologue.

Charlotte sat there unmoving, tears falling down her cheeks. She could not do anything as she watched her sisters casket go down into the ground. She did not look to her older brothers for comfort, she did not look to her parents. She just sat there and mournfully watched her sister and bestfriend, her twin, as she got buried in the ground. Her heart felt like there was an empty void in it, a missing-or rather-a dead piece.

Even after throwing a handful of dirt in the grave and placing a flower on top, she still could not believe what happened. She couldn't believe that they had both fell sick, that they both had gone to the hospital, and that only she survived. She couldn't believe that her twin, who had the same exact thing as she did, died. Why couldn't they both have survived  Why were they to suffer a fate so cruel as to be separated? Both united in the after life would be better than to be left alone. They always did everything together, so why not this?

After everyone was leaving, Austin, her older brother came up to her and held her in his arm. That was when it all truly hit her, when she saw her eldest brother crying. She held onto him like he was her life line, she held onto him like he was the only thing keeping her on this earth. Pretty soon Blare, her second eldest brother came over and joined the hug, wrappng them both in his embrace. Then came Darren and Dylan, and soon came Carson. The Baker brothers all stood there in one big hug around Charlotte, crying with her for their lost sister.

The sky opened up ontop of them, though non of them cared, they welcomed the rain and what it brought. For Charlotte, it meant new life. A life without her twin. Charlotte's never done anything without her sister before, but now she's going to have to.