Chapter 25

The next couple days passed quickly, and Charlie even stayed in her old room that she shared with her sister again. She had started to go in it before she left for College, but after being away from home for so long, Charlie thought it was time. She stayed there the entire break, and the boys even woke her up on Christmas morning in host room, carrying her downstairs by her arms and legs like they usually did, a tradition of sorts. It was also something she didn't get to do the two years before as she was sleeping on the couch, and last year, she had taken to using her parents room since they were gone so often. 

     They plopped her on the couch and handed her a hot cocoa and coffee mix, a drink she started up on in her senior year, and then passed around the stockings. Her parents come from their room when they heard all the ruckus, and smiled when they saw their children all gathered around the living room, laughing and talking, just enjoying the holiday.

     The chef made breakfast for everyone and soon they were all fed, and that's when Cameron and his family arrived. Just like last year, the Hunt's were going to conjoin their Christmas'.

     Games were played, presents were opened, and soccer matches were held in the snow. Charlie joined in on a couple of them, seeing as her boyfriend taught her how to play, and she played against her brothers side. With Cameron here, there was always going to be a match, considering Carson as playing for his rivals college for first place this year it was extra competitive. It was a friendly match, but competitive non the less, and everyone enjoyed it.

     After dinner and everyone was inside, hanging around the living room, and Charlie was drinking hot cocoa by the fire with Cameron's arms around her. Charlie wished her sister were here to share in the time with her, but at the same time, she couldn't have been happier with where she was now, who she was, and who she was with.

     Cameron suddenly pulled Charlie to her feet with a smile, then got down on one knee, and this time, pulled out a real engagement ring, and proposed right there in front of all her family. 

"Charlotte Baker, I may have only given you that promise ring ten months ago, but I just want to hold the girl I'm in love with in my arms and be able to call her my wife. Yes, we are young, but I know for sure that you are the one." He smiled up at her, his eyes sparkling and full of love. "Will you marry me?" He asked, his voice a tad quieter. Emotions were building up and her chest, tears were pooling in her eyes and smile that could outmatch the cheshire cat's stretched across her face till her cheeks hurt.

"Yes!" Charlotte cried out, practically jumping in glee. She was wrong before, now, she couldn't be more happy. 

"Yes?" He asked, smiling widely. Charlie pulled him up to his feet and threw her arms arrow him, then kissed him smack on the lips, he returned the kiss, slipping the ring on her finger in the process, and then grabbed her around her waist and pulled her tighter to him.

     The whole room was clapping and cheering, excited for them and happy to be adding new members to each other's family. Their mom's were in tears and the brother gave their usual death threats if anything ever happened to her because of him. 

     Charlie's life could not have been turning out more perfect. And that's when her health started to decline rapidly. 

~

     For two years she avoided most of it, for two years Charlie was able to keep her health up with frequent blood tests to keep an eye on everything and her eating habits still perfectly tailored to give her the best health imaginable in her condition. Now, Charlie's health was at it's tipping point, and it couldn't have been worse timing. She was only engaged to Cameron for three months before the pains returned, before the horrible symptoms started showing, before her appetite dropped. luckily there were no fainting spells.