Chapter 13 :)

CHAPTER 13

Seriously. That was the worst sleep ever. Have I ever told you that Jacob snores as if he were purposely waking me every ten minutes? I snuck out of the tent. My eyes wandered to the top of the trees, and to my surprise, I saw the sunrise. The fog sat just reaching the tops of the tallest trees. In the east, an ocean reflected the pink sky. Orange and pink clouds towered above me and only small patches of blue could be seen emerging from the pink. I smiled at myself. The whole place looked peaceful. It sounded calming, as well. Jacob’s snoring had calmed a great amount and the birds had just begun to sing their beautiful songs. I felt a sweet, warm breeze sweep across my body, giving me a second of comfort.

 I heard a bit of movement from the tent, and I turned to see the boys standing there. Neither of them was wearing anything but a pair of boxers. My eyes widened as I stared at them.

 “Like what you see?” laughed Jacob. I scowled at him, causing both boys to erupt in laughter.  “Go away; I was enjoying the peace and quiet.” I whispered, staring back at the sky. Jacob came and stood beside me, only nodding. “You’re right. It is pretty nice out here. I think Jacob should leave.” Ben interrupted the silence that had fallen. I glared at him, snarling a few words to him. “No. You should both leave and get changed…. In silence. Please, just a few moments of peace before the sky is fully blue.” A serious look crossed Ben’s face until he glanced up to the sky. Both boys erupted into another fit of laughter. “Too late, then!” cried Jacob.

 I looked up, seeing a clear, blue sky. Only a few clouds remained and even they were slowly drifting away. I raised my eyebrows at them in disbelief and stormed away. I heard Ben start to follow me, but Jacob shouted after him. “Ben, you’re pretty much naked. I wouldn’t chase after her dressed like that! Let me, I actually put pants on now.” I heard Ben moan and then walk back to the tent, while Jacob began to walk towards me.

 That’s when I had an idea.

 ‘Stay the hell away from me before I run at top speed and turn myself in.’ I growled, hoping my frustration would show through my thoughts.

 ‘Janessa, don’t do that. We all know that would be the dumbest thing ever.’  Jacob remarked. Wait… Jacob is telepathic, too?

 ‘Wait. You aren’t having your period, are you?’ That was definitely Ben.

Boys know too much. Of course, due to the advance in technology, we don’t need tampons or anything like that. All women have systems installed to stop the blood flow, and only let it out when we use the restroom. That doesn’t mean the symptoms go away, though. One week without living through a bloody hell, but mood swings and cramps, we still have ‘em.

I groaned at Ben mentally.

‘I’ll take that as a yes. So, seven days of torture now. Yippee.’ Ben thought, somehow pushing sarcasm into the thought.

 ‘What other things can Jacob do? Other than telepathy?’ The question was pushed out of my mind and into Ben and Jacob’s before I had time to think.

 ‘I can’t do much. I’m telepathic and I can slow down time. That’s all, though. Before you ask, yes, I was part of the brain pattern project, the BPP. I too was affected and now I’m here with you. The one that I love.’  I groaned at his last statement. I closed my eyes and reached into Ben’s mind.

 Wow. Ben thinks Jacob and I should date, because now that he has gotten to know Jacob, he thinks Jacob is way better for me than him? He also thinks that we should get going and head towards the ocean. ‘It’d take Nessa a good ten minutes, when we’d take a day, at the least.’ He thought.

 I laughed at him. He was probably right, though. The ocean was only about 50 km away. I love how I can say that without thinking I’m insane.

 ‘Ben, I’m not going out with Jacob.  Neither of you are good enough for me, so both of you boys should drop it. I agree with the idea of heading to the ocean, although I don’t know how we would be able to be safe down there without swimming across the entire body of water. I also believe that it would take me a little bit longer than ten minutes, but maybe only fifteen. Being the slowpokes that you are, I’d be sitting on the beach, alone, for at least a day—as you already thought—so I’d feel bad leaving you guys.’ I thought. Oh shoot, he didn’t know I was listening to his thoughts!

 ‘First off, don’t eavesdrop into my mind. Second, I think that’s a mistake. We boys are amazing! Third, I think we all forgot to test ourselves for any powers. If our powers work when two of us are together, then just imagine what it would be like with all three of us together. We could possibly be able to breath underwater, or your speed could work in water. Also, Jacob and I can manage the trip while you set up a camp on the beach. With your skills, an entire village could be built by the time us boys get there. Last but not least, don’t even TRY to read my thoughts ever again!’ He thought, his voice not angry, but filled with some sort of happiness.

 At that, I opened my eyes and shot through the woods, stopping at the camp only seconds later. Unzipping one of the backpacks, I threw a few packages of food at Jacob, who caught them. I zipped up the bag and began walking east.

 ‘See you at the beach. Remember to bring the tent.’ I thought as I picked up my clothing bag and sped away.

********************************

A.Note: YAY. I finally found time to upload!!!!!!! So, now, off to the beach they go! Sorry, it's a bit short. But I'll try to upload ASAP! So, remember to....

VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT.