Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

I walked uphill, slowly making the steep incline. Soon, I arrived in a small meadow with a nice, small, warm shelter built within its limits. A smile found its way towards my face as I remembered the night I spent in this meadow with Ben. I set up camp here, knowing that Ben would remember this place and know I was here.

 As darkness crept across the land, I warmed my hands round a small camp fire. Tilting to look upwards, I saw the smoke billowing into the black sky. Above me, stars shimmered across the sky, the sliver of moonlight letting the stars shine brighter than ever. Who would have known that balls of gas could be so beautiful? The sky was empty of clouds as I stared up at it, stargazing, as the slump people would call it.

 I heard a distant humming noise that seemed to be getting closer as the time passed. A blinding light flashed across the sky, illuminating the earth around me. It was a hovercraft lamp. I recognized the light from many holographic videos I watched while waiting on my master. The buzzing came slowly closer until I spotted the hovercraft straight overhead. I stood, bolting to the trees, forgetting about the fire that still had a warm glow to it. A laser beamed down from the airship, making the fire into a burning blaze. I heard the alarming sound of an intercom turn on, “Benjamin Carmend, Janessa Monte and Jacob Morris must be found. If you three children are listening, we ask you to report to the NPS headquarters immediately, before it’s too late.” A low voice boomed through the forest.

 Turning, I sprinted through the trees and towards the slump. I ran into the fence, stopping abruptly. I turned to see at least twenty guards circle around me, slowly closing in on me. I was trapped. There was absolutely no doubt about it. I spun in a full circle, slowly gulping a growing lump in my throat. My eyes widened with fear as the men crept closer, and closer. By now I was gasping for air, terrified for my life.

 Everything went black.

**************************************************************

A. Note:

Ha, sorry that it's really short. I'm trying to update on my free time, so it's hard!Hope you guys like this chapter, though... and I just love leacing you hanging.