28

Turns out, sweet little Jupiter was hardcore when it came to knowledge on weaponry and sneaking out. If I had to carry out this rescue mission on my own, I'm positive I wouldn't have made it past the bedroom door, but we did. Well, technically we made it out the bedroom window. Jupiter said it would be impossible to sneak by them with the bag of gear he planned on taking, so his solution was to tie the sheets together from the bed and lower ourselves out of a third story window. If I hadn't been on an insane amount of adrenaline I would've been scared to death, but I had so much it didn't faze me that I was gripping onto bedsheets and crawling my way down the side of a building. Jupiter being the only thing between me and the skull splitting ground.

After we had made our daring escape, we then took the tactical vehicle I had used to escape the house to take us the rest of the way. I didn't realize how late it was until I saw the clock strike twelve, but this princess wasn't worried about her carriage turning back into a pumpkin. Despite the obvious danger we were willingly putting ourselves in, I knew it was going to be worth it. If we survived that is. The whole way there, Jupiter went over the proper way to shoot a gun, and where the weak spots of the Tinkers and bigger droids were. Carefully, I listened to every word and repeated back what he said. Once he was sure I understood, we discussed the plan, but the only actual plan Jupiter gave me was to stay alive. By the time that all was said, we pulled into a parking lot and Pluto parked.

"We're here," He said, allowing his thumb and pointer finger to shift into a hand gun.

"We are?" I whispered, grabbing the gun he had given me as well and the sledgehammer I had stolen from weapon room.

"Yes, so be vigilant." He glanced at me before reaching into his bag and pulling out a bottom half ski mask. "Put this on and pull your hood over your head," Doing as I was told, I pulled on the ski mask over the bottom half of my face and pulled my hood on over my hair.

"Why do I have to wear this?" I asked softly.

"Because our problems will only multiply if they realize you're here," He said, chuckling a little as he then got out of the car. Shaking my head, I followed him out of the car and across the empty parking lot. This didn't look like a robot hideout; it didn't look like any kind of a hideout. It was just a five story, dingy abandoned parking garage that might collapse any moment.

"How do you know this is the right place?" I asked, my voice muffled behind the mask.

"I'm a hound dog droid. I'm programmed to find things." Jupiter shushed as he guided me along the walls of the building, keeping his gun aimed and ready. Doing the same, I took a deep breath to steady my racing heart as we moved deeper and deeper into the darkness. I really wish I knew how to properly shoot a gun.

Soon, we were walking into the building and were consumed by the smell of the rotting interior and a dead raccoon in the corner. When I stepped down, I could hear the crunch of broken glass, which made Jupiter shush me again.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, trying to put my foot down more cautiously. Maybe I should have asked Jupiter to scout ahead a little, because now we were going in blind and we might regret it. Fortunately, my adrenaline was still strong and kept me from panicking. As we approached one of the old ticket booths, Jupiter pulled out a crowbar and with minimal effort pried open the door.

"Keep an eye out," Jupiter said quietly as he stepped inside and turned his back to me as he began to pry up the floor boards. As he did this, I kept an eye out across the dark bottom floor of the garage.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" I asked as I listened to the crunch of him tearing up the floor.

"Positive, now be quiet." Jupiter insisted. Instead of feeing reassured though, I felt myself become a little on edge. If this was the hideout then how come, we were just able to stroll in without a problem? Or were we being watched? It was hard to tell with the little bit of light we had. Biting my lip hard, I put away my gun and positioned myself with the sledgehammer instead as I began to wish Neptune and Mercury were here. It wasn't that I didn't feel safe with Jupiter, its just I would feel safer with them instead, especially Neptune.

I then heard a trash can or something falling over and quickly I raised the hammer above my head.

"Did you hear that?" I asked and Jupiter took a moment to look around.

"Don't worry, it's probably just another raccoon or animal, don't give away our-" He began to say but before he could finish the sound of gunfire broke out and before I could react, Jupiter knocked me over onto the ground next to him.

"Shoot your gun Abigail! Shoot the gun!" He shouted, open firing a couple of bullets in the direction of the shot as he used his other hand to finish prying open the boards. Instead of doing that though, I just gripped my sledgehammer tighter.

"I don't know how!" I shouted back at him.

"We have to get through the opening beneath the floorboards! I need to get it open! Just shoot at them, it'll throw them off!" Jupiter ordered.

"Okay! But I don't know see what I'm doing!" I admitted, surprised I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be. In fact, I felt perfectly calm even though my ears were ringing, and my back throbbed from Jupiter pulling me down on the ground.

"Just shoot in the direction their shooting from!" He ordered, turning his back to me. Sucking in a deep breath, I pulled out my gun and aimed in the direction of the bullets before pulling the trigger. Immediately my ears started ringing harder as it kicked back and hit my chin. I was to concerned about the bullets coming at us to stop though, so I blindly kept shooting as Jupiter viciously tore up the floorboards. "Keep shooting!" Was all he said to me as he threw the wood around.

"Show yourself you cowards!" I yelled, immediately wishing I hadn't because the instant I did I saw flashes of silver. It was Tinkers, dozens of Tinkers. We were surrounded. Trying not to let that overwhelm me, I shot at every flash of silver I could see. "Hurry Jupiter! I'm pretty sure I'm almost out of bullets!" I yelled as the sound of screeching metal became evident. They were getting closer and closer. "Jupiter hurry!" I screamed at him as my eyes finally began to adjust to the dim lighting and I could start to see them clearly now but there too many to aim at. "Jupiter!" I screamed again, knowing there were seconds on our timer now.

"I got it! I got it opened!" I finally heard him shout and before I could get up, I felt Jupiter grabbed my ankle and he yanked me across the floor before I found myself falling through the entrance he made in the floor. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I absolutely love the gif I picked for this chapter. One thing I love about the cast I selected for this story is that there's a lot of material on google and tumblr to portray them! :D

Next update coming any minute ;)

-Mari.