Chapter 1

A/N: Heylo! I love reading like all of you. Always have and always will. I mean i've literally bummed tests beacause I was too engrossed in a book the day before the test to bother reading the study material. Much to my mum's chagrin. But hey we all do it yea?  So this is my first attempt at actually writing so I hope you guys like it ^_^ So please give me a chance and feel free to comment. Looking forward to hearing from you lovelies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria's POV 

As the rain poured down more heavily, I started peddling faster. Being late on the first day of term was going to do nothing in keeping the teachers off my back. Apparently they like me so much that they frequently wanted an extra hour with me after school. Unfortunately, detention was not my idea of a good time. I mean seriously! What's the big deal with being late to class a few times? Okay a lot of times but still! 

 Just as I leaned in to take the next turn I saw a figure move backwards right ahead of me. Before I could skid to a stop he stumbled over my wheel while my bike got knocked over. Along with me. My left foot got jammed between the chain and as I tried to shove it out, it scraped over my skin roughly. I hissed in pain and closed my eyes. Damn. I'm definitely going to be late again.

 I suddenly remembered the man and opened my eyes. He was down on one knee while another guy was shaking him by his collar and saying something to him. The guy on the ground was someone I'd never seen before and by the looks of his greasy hair and oil-stained shirt , never wanted to see again either. The guy about to punch him though seemed familiar though I could only see his back. He shoved him one last time and moved  back while the other guy ran off. I focused on him again and groaned.

 Sean Gallagher. He'd moved here mid-term last year and was the popular bad boy in school. He wasn't in my class so I'd never seen that much of him considering he rarely attended or hung around for all the classes anyway. But he never got into much trouble though since he was a straight-A student .  The fact that he was the one to score the winning goals in the last two soccer games for us probably had something to do with it too. But apparently he'd declined the post of captain offered to him this year, which wasn't suprising since he rarely hung out with  the jocks either. They obviously did not mind since their leader Cole got beaten up by him  one day. The cheerleaders however were a different case. Who wouldn't want that around anyway. He was way too good-looking for his own good though not in a conventional way, which was probably since he was Irish. He did look damn good on the field too and when he took off his shirt .... wait! What?!! I shook my head to focus again.

 He was leaning against the wall with an unlit cigarette hanging in the corner of his mouth. He was   staring at me with his eyebrow raised and a bored expression on his face. Moron! I forgot  all his redeeming qualities and decided to hate him right there. I'd hurt myself because of  him and thanks to him Mr. Foul was going to get another chance to taunt me! I looked at my watch  to see that I still had 10 more minutes to make it. I could still make it if I hurried. Determined not to give up, I tried to push myself up just as my ankle scraped against something making me hiss in pain again and fall down. Suddenly my bike was off me and I looked up to see him frowning down at me.

 "Get up," said Sean, "or do you want to stay there the whole day?"

 What the hell?! That's it! I grabbed hold of the handlebars with one hand and balanced myself up. I  glared up at him though I was quite tall for my age too at 5'8. I'd never been so close to him before and stared into his greenish-blue eyes. Moron! Trust him to have absolutely no flaws anywhere other than his horrid personality. I narrowed my eyes and shoved my hand  at his chest though it didn't really have any impact. I thought I saw a flicker of suprise  in his eyes which soon turned to amusement. Did he think I was kidding around? Well he had another  think coming! I'd noticed his motorbike parked beside the streetlight and I knew just how I was getting to school.