The First Crack On The Glass

*Mature content at one small part. Those not comfortable may skip it*

Khushi looked at Arnav who was concentrating completely on his new project. It is worth millions and very important for the new branch of AR. He looked at her lifting his gaze from the file he was working on. He stood up from the couch and walked to the bed where she laid.

"You woke up? When.....why didn't you call me?" He said while taking a seat beside her on the bed. He kept his palm on her forehead and then on her neck.

"The temperature has decreased. How're you feeling now?" Arnav asked concerned cupping her face.

She blinked her eyes in assurance smiling slightly. She was still tired. She had suffered from high fever since last evening all thanks to their rain dance. She had been coughing again and again making her feel weaker than ever. But she wouldn't disturb him would she?

Arnav caressed her cheek with his thumb as he stared at her face. She was trying her level best to hide her tiredness. Without a word more, he swiftly lied down beside her and getting inside the blanket, he hugged her tightly. She looked at him and he raised his eyebrows in question.

"Your work...?" Khushi enquired.

"Not important than you" Arnav whispered while holding her close again. Cuddling into his warmth Khushi closed her eyes feeling blessed. Well, Mr. Workaholic is not so bad! She slept, tiredness now taking over her...all the while listening to his heartbeats that whispered her name time and again like a sweet lullaby!

**********

Khushi was cooking in the kitchen when two hands wrapped around her waist. Khushi wriggles feeling his stubble on her collar bone. Arnav tightened his hold on her waist and tugged at her long earring making her lose herself in the moment. He somehow felt addicted to the way she reacts when he do it. While tugging the long hanging earrings he gets a chance to tease her, and also can see that cute shy smile on her face. Arnav continued nibbling her earlobe and pulled her back more onto his front while Khushi's fingers played with his hair. They stood like that lost in each other forgetting the rest of the world unaware of the storm about to hit them......a storm strong enough to shake up their relationship to the death end of losing one another.

**********

Khushi rolled over Arnav and started kissing his slightly hairy chest. He groaned as he felt her lips nibbling his nipples and his heartbeat fastened feeling her lips right over his heart. Suddenly Arnav rolled again making her lay under him.

Khushi shuddered as Arnav placed wet kisses along her neckline. Her hands tracing their way down his well toned arms and finally clutching the pillow lying beside her head tightly. Her fist tightened when she felt Arnav kissing her at almost every corner of her body and her mouth gave out a loud moan. Arnav groaned as he heard it.

Tracing his lips back their way to her lips Arnav bit her lower lip lazily and then sucked her mouth as he entered her. Once they started their way up to the heavenly pleasure, his palm moved along her arm and later intertwined with her fingers......their palms now together digging into the pillow.

They were at their passionate best that night......Khushi was as bold as ever and Arnav's senses went crazy for her. They loved each other throughout the night like this was their last night......and maybe it was indeed their last night of LOVE.

**********

Arnav applied the break bringing his black Porsche to a halt in front of the shopping mall. He turned his head to the left and looked at Khushi who was removing the seatbelt.

"Khushi, I'm sorry I can't accompany you. I thought there would be no meetings today but this thing just came up out of the blue." Arnav said with a cute pout making Khushi smile.

"Call me once you're done......I'll pick you up." Arnav said as Khushi got down. Seeing her nod he started the ignition and the car rod off to AR Constructions.

**********

Khushi looked at the clock with her reddened eyes. It was 10'o clock now and Arnav was still not home. She sighed......this is turning sour. Today after shopping Khushi tried calling him and it just kept on ringing. She tried four more times when finally a message popped up.

'I don't think I can make it now......I'm sorry. Try finding a cab Khushi....'

This sorry game had been going on since long and now Khushi had had enough. He was her husband for god's sakes. He is supposed to have this responsibility towards her...her safety. She shuddered remembering what had happened in the evening. She badly wanted her husband then......she wanted to forget this evil world being in his arms. But that is if only he was there with her.

Khushi was about to get up when the front door bell rang. She opened the door to see Arnav standing there with a bouquet of red roses.

"Sorry..." He said with a puppy face.

Khushi did not look at him making him look at her intently. He saw tear stains on her cheeks and her nose red. It looked like she had cried. He entered inside and locked the door. Cupping her cheeks he brought her face up to face him. She still tried to look down but he could see her eyes red. Something poked him hard in his heart seeing her face.

"Ro Rahi Thi Tum?" Arnav questioned....concern clearly visible in his eyes.

That question did it all......Tears rolled down Khushi's eyes as she held his wrists. Arnav's one arm went around her back while the other still cupped her face. He let her cry......her head above his heart.....her tears wetting his coat. Arnav hugged her tighter as she sobbed and hiccupped. Her tears were not ending. He tried asking her what happened but his voice betrayed him......he choked on his words.

Finally getting a control on herself Khushi moved away from Arnav. Arnav's hold tightened and he pulled her back onto him.

"What happened?"

Khushi nodded in a no and tried moving out of his hold.

"I won't take no as an answer Khushi....." Arnav said.

"It's nothing Arnav....I was just missing my family. I tried calling them but they did not pick up. Suddenly I felt all alone.....like I had no one." Khushi said the last sentence choking a bit.

Arnav knew his sorry would not work this time. It was his fault too. He really wanted to spent time with her but the meeting went on like forever. He had a run to the car after signing the deal. It was because of him the ever smiling girl was crying now.

He hugged her tightly in response to her words. He held her close assuring her he was with her.

"Come on now......let's have the dinner." Arnav said trying to divert her mind.

Khushi nodded and walked to the kitchen.

'Why am I feeling like she is hiding something?' Arnav stood there looking at her. If only he knew, indeed there was another reason......a real reason.

Khushi held on to the kitchen slab and closed her eyes. She had escaped. A few hours ago she really wished Arnav was here so that she could say what had happened. But now, somehow she felt like he did not deserve to know it. He may care for her......but what is the need if that care is not provided when she needed it the most?

Khushi sighed picking up the plates and walking to the table.

They were having the dinner when Arnav tried getting the secret out of her. But today she was not herself......she looked hurt.....and somewhere in his heart he felt he was the reason. When probed more Khushi stood up with the empty plate.

"You know, I had been much independent before our marriage...." Khushi said in a plain voice and left to the kitchen while Arnav kept on staring at her back.

That was the first crack on their relationship......a secret along with hurt. Khushi was hurt for some unknown reason......while Arnav was hurt because of the secret that made Khushi a stranger to him.