The Beginning

A loud round of laughter was heard from the hall of Gupta Mansion. There are a group of people sitting there and somebody had shared a joke. After they almost settled down, they got down to business.

"So, let's call the girl..." Aadesh Raizada said smiling at his college friend Devesh Gupta. Devesh looked at his wife and she nodded understandingly before going inside.

Meera Gupta brought her daughter to the living room were all of them were seated. The girl went with the coffee to everyone and finally reached the one for whom she was brought for. She looked at him with a smile and went near her mother after serving her father.

"Khushi Bitiya, come here darling" Devyani Raizada said looking at her grandson's face which evidently shows how smitten he is by the girl.

Khushi went near her and was made to sit between Nani and Anjali, the groom's sister. She looked at everyone who looks impressed at her. She looked at Anjali and saw her giving thumbs up to her brother with a wink.

"Khushi bitiya, are you ready to marry our Chotte...I mean Arnav?" Aarti Raizada asked the girl whom she would love to have as her daughter in law. She had known the girl and her family for long and she clearly knew her son could not get a girl better than her. She was the best.....a beauty in and out.

Khushi looked at Arnav who was looking at her in anticipation. She nodded her head shyly. She was not a shy girl, hell she was someone who did not like this girl-seeing thing......but somehow she was enjoying this.....though not a shy girl, somehow the desperation on his face made her go red.

The moment they saw her nodding her head it was as if all went crazy. They decided to do the shagun on the same day. But in all the hungama, she looked at Arnav who was looking at her intently. She knew he was a good man.....a decent gentleman.....taking care of their family business.....a good friend of her elder brother Mayank....and she knew he would be the best husband.

**********

Khushi looked out of the car's window at the beautiful buildings running past her. She closed her eyes feeling the cool air hitting her face from outside. After a while she opened her eyes and looked to her right to see her husband driving the car. And as if on cue Arnav looked at her. They smiled at each other as Arnav held her hand. Khushi looked at him. He had been the most romantic fiancé anyone could have. During the wedding rituals, he just needed seconds to whisk her away to any of the rooms. And on the Haldi day he took her unknowingly t his Nani's room and Anjali Di had entered the room to see Arnav rubbing his cheek on hers while pinning her on to the wall. That had been a very embarrassing moment for all the three of them...however the wedding preparations helped a lot in overcoming it!

On their wedding day, during the Bidai, Arnav proved to be a supportive husband, when he had held her close to him by her shoulders while she cried on his chest for leaving her parents. He whispered sweet nothings to her and she finally stopped her cries. The wedding night made her respect him more. He knew she was not ready for it......she needed time and even he did. He knew they liked each other...they did have that tension between them.....however they had still not found the love factor. And he thought their first night should be filled with love.....it should be special. So they slept....slept peacefully in each other's arms....dreaming a love filled future.

Now they were going to Lucknow.....just the two of them. Arnav had been planning about starting a branch of AR constructions there. Now that the building is built, they had to establish the company and also interior works were left. Also they cannot leave right after that. It should be made stable and that needs Arnav here. So their stay here can be lengthened for about a year....