Chapter 1• Hatred of Him

Leyla's POV

"Leyla, wake up!" A perky voice rang in my ears as I rolled over and groaned in a very un lady like. "Come on, I made breakfast..." the person coaxed me and on cue, I can smell the aroma of pancakes, bacon and many more of my favorites. Holy molly.

I sat up and stretched, "There we go! Now get your lazy ass downstairs because you're late and I don't want you to waste food that I just made." I look up to see Xiana all dressed up for school, I guess? I stood up from bed and walked towards the bathroom to get ready.

After I cleansed my body, I put on a towel around me and walked out ot pick an outfit for me today, though what is today? "Xiana, what day is today?" I yelled and she answered Monday. Shit, it's first day and I'm late! (outfit on the side)

I hurry downstairs and packed my breakfast and lunch, "I'm gonna eat breakfast on the way there, thanks Xiana!" I ran outside of the house and jogged to school. Xiana is my elder sister, sometimes I call her XJ when I'm in the mood. As I jog onto the streets of Sydney, I bit on my bacon and listened to the birds that are chirping. When my bacon is in my tummy now, I put on my beats and picked La La by The Cab, but someone removed them from my head, "I knew you're going to be late too!" she chimed. I turned around to find Jaja wearing her signature hoodie, jean shorts, tube socks and Keds.

I smirked, "Hey there JJ, late too aye?" she nods and walks beside me.

She sighs and I quirked up an eyebrow to her, "Nothing, just getting ready for Mrs. Winters scolding us in front of the class." I chuckled and nodded. Yeah, Mrs. Winters is our advisery teacher and let's just say she's doesn't like kids or around our age in our situation. As we walk, Jaja keeps talking about her newly boyfriend while I gag on her. "Hey ugly ducklings, need a ride?" we looked at the person and they're in her car.

"Hey Faith and Jovi, nice entrance there and yeah we need one. Thanks by the way!" JJ hurries to the side left while I ran into the right side. I fist bump them and we finally drove off.

Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis is on, I rap along and the girls were like glancing at me, weird out. "What?" I idiotically asked and they giggled. Joavi turns to me from her seat, "Seriously, you look like a boy sometimes. I promise you that." Jaja and Faith nodded as I rolled my eyes at them. "Well for one, I don't like wearing make up or perky dresses and two, I'm fine with what or who I am thank you very much." I sassed and they laughed at me.

"Alright girls, we're here now and late." Faith called out and I fix my beanie, opened the car door and got out.

Boys started to whistle at my best friends and I roll my eyes, like are you freaking kidding me? They're not dogs, idiots. "There's my partner!" a hand is being placed around my shoulders and I looked up to the person. "Hey Cal, what are you doing here?" I ask him and he shrugs, "I was bored in class, so I snuck out and waited for you."

"Awe, is Calum Hood missing me immediately?" I commented in a baby voice, then pinched his cheek. He swats my hand away and I put my tongue out on him, "Anyways, I think you need to get to class first." He points in fornt of us and I can see that my best friends are waiting for and other boys surrounding them. I nodded and fist bumped Calum as our good bye.

I approached to them and they were obviously annoyed, "Leyla, you're a girl not his partner in crime." Faith scolded me and I rolled my eyes. "Don't tell me you're against of me having a boy as my friend." I muttered and she sighs, "I'm not- we're not against on anything okay? It's just that the way he treats you irks me, you see this is one of the reasons why you're still single and no boys are liking you. You're lucky that you're with us..." she explained and I glare at her.

"Listen here, you don't tell me what to do alright? So what if I'm friends with some boys? I don't care if nobody likes me, nothing's going to happen to me if I got no one. I'm capable of anything and I guess being with you is not what I enjoy anymore." I stormed off but stopped dead tracks when I heard his name.