Starlight Ch 3

Hey guys

Sorry it's so late but as promised here it is chapter 3

BTW these characters and so forth are not mine they are STEPHANIE MEYER'S except Layla and the storyline.

_______________________________________________________________

Recap

"He can read mind, I have a sort of mind shield that protects my mind and anyone else I want it to, Jasper can read and influence emotions and Alice can see the future." Bella said all in one breath. I was impressed. Then, it hit me.

"You've been reading my mind all this time haven't you?" I said accusingly at Edward. He tried to look innocent but I wasn't buying it. After 3.54 more seconds of staring he said:

"You can really shout when it comes to your mind you know." He said.

_______________________________________________________________

Ch 4

Damn he is so cocky!! That's right Edward you heard me!! COCKY!!

His face was full of feigned hurt. I smirked and turned to Bella. "Are we leaving now? My throat kinda hurts."

"Yeah sure lets go,"

We walked out of the house and that was when the butterflies woke up.

"Ummmm, Bella?"

"Yeah?"

"How am I supposed to hunt?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. It's a natural instinct. Though animal blood doesn't smell all that good. Ok now we have to start running when we get to the river just jump trust me you can make it. Ok?"

"Yeah, sure. No problem at all" I answered my voice slightly quivering. With that we took off running. No, scratch that, we went flying! It was so much fun I felt like I could do it for ever that was before the river came into view. I remembered what Bella told me and I jumped and somehow didn't get wet! In fact I landed on the other side without breaking my ankle!!

We kept running until I realised Bella was talking. I really need to pay more attention to these things. "Ok time to stop running or we'll end up in Panama."

"Ok," I was basically jumping everywhere damn I'm high!

"Alright alright. Calm down. Now just relax and let your animalistic side take over."

"Gee, that sounds easy. Why don't I just do that?" I said sarcasm flowing out of me but I did what she said and surprisingly it was easy.

I slowly sniffed the air until I smelt some disgusting deer a little west from here. I recoiled god it smells so earthy and disgusting. Herbivore.

"Haha!" Bella's chiming laughter filled the clearing. "That was my reaction too." She explained after I gave a confused look. I shook it off with a chuckle and went back to the deer. They are obviously all I'm gonna get so I ran and when I got there I just jumped. I jumped on my prey and drank like it was cold lemonade on a hot summers day. As soon as I finished I ran and jumped onto another one go me I'm pretty good at this. When I was done I stood up and looked at Bella. She looked impressed. Yay!! **does happy dance mentally** I impressed a vampire.

"You definitely did it cleaner than my first time and you could focus on me then hunting then me without any problems. Remarkable!"

I smiled (still doing the mental happy dance) and simply said "let's go home please?"

"Ok" We ran and got home in 10.37s. Yay!!

'Hi Mr Cocky!' I yelled in my mind. Hehe serves him right for invading my mind. He gave me a wave before running at Bella and giving a massive hug.

"Hello Layla. It seems you have exceptional control. Well Done." Said Carlisle. "Your control is better than Bella's; the fact that you can stand Renesme being in the room is remarkable!"

"Why is that remarkable?" I asked curious.

"Well... You see... "Carlisle stuttered. Why? I have no idea.

"I'm half human." answered Renesme. "My mother, Bella, gave birth to me when she was still human and almost died doing it." The pain in her voice was over whelming. "My father, Edward, turned her just in time."

A silence filled the air while my mouth formed the shape of an 'O'

"Hey Renesme! I came just like you said after all you are tutoring me! Where are all of you?" asked a strange girl as she walked into the room. Her scent hit me like a tidal wave. So sweet, almost floral. I was appreciating the smell when everyone turned to stare at me. Renesme stood and quickly ushered the girl upstairs.

"What?" I asked breaking the silence. They were still staring at me and it was starting to feel creepy.

"You didn't even flinch or try and rip her throat out!"said Alice staring at me in amazement.

"Ummmmmm thanks?" that was the oddest compliment I have ever received. "I was just admiring the floral smell I mean I don't eat flowers." I said. Is it really that incredible?

"Yes it is." said Edward. "Newborns have never had the amount of control you have. Hell, I don't have the control you have. And I'm 109!"

"Ooooooooooooo" I whispered

______________________________

Thanks guys. I know it's short but school needs a timeout!! anyway till next time

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT