Jay

"FINE! SHIP ME OFF TO BOARDING SCHOOL ! MAYBE I WON'T COME BACK!"

"JAY KAELIN GET BACK HERE NOW!"

I stomped off. My step mom should know that sticking me in a BOARDING SCHOOL is not going to sort anything!

I had been expelled from high school for breaking into school and staying there for three weeks. Now Sherry wants to ship me off to Philadelphia.

I flopped onto my bed. There were fresh sheets on it and it smelled like lavender.

I picked up my phone. I had a missed call from Mark and two texts from Kimberly. I sent an angry faced emoji. Then I called Mark.

We had been dating for about a year now and still going strong.

"Hey baby."
"Hey. Look I need some help."
"Anything babe."
"I need you to stop my mum sending me to Philadelphia."
"How can I do that?"
"Just please, find a way. I'm begging you!"
"Fine. I love you!"
"I love you too."
"Bye."
"See ya."
I hung up and leant back on my pillows. I was tired. Tired of shouting and fighting. I just wanted to sleep.

A faded mist of drowsiness closed in.

----------------------------------------------
When I woke up, it was 7:00 AM. Today I would be moving to Philadelphia. And leaving everything I know and love behind. But before I got there, I had a three hour long drive with my step mom and her classical music.

I slid under the bed and fished out my green chequered hold-all. I threw it on my bed and flung open my wardrobe. Inside, there were several hoodies and pairs of jeans. My t-shirts were folded on a shelf above. I packed all of my clothes into the bag and decided I need to go shopping.

The one good thing about Sherry is that she is always willing to give me money.

The bag was only half full so I walked over to my dresser. On my dresser were a few perfume bottles from various artists as well as a jewelry stand cluttered with rings, anklets, necklaces and earrings.

I wrapped each earring set in tissue paper to protect them and placed them in a box. I wrapped the rest of my jewelry and stored it in other boxes.

I opened the top drawer and pulled out a jeweled trinket box. This is the only thing I have from my birth parents and I take it everywhere I go. Inside, there are some photos of me and of them. There's a ring my mom used to wear given to her by my great grandma. I also have a gold chain that dad was wearing when he met Mom.

I closed the box and wiped my eyes. I took the boxes over to my bed and carefully placed them in my bag.

Across the hall, I could hear Sherry snoring. I crept out of my room towards the stairs. Sherry wouldn't be up until right so I had twenty minutes for breakfast.

Our kitchen was massive. It had glass surfaces and a glass breakfast table that had a fruit bowl as a center piece. There was one wall that was entirely glass. Sherry REALLY liked glass I suppose.

I took out my bowl and filled it with cinnamon toast crunch. I never ate it with milk. It was just WRONG!

The TV's standby button flashed. It sparked to life a second later on Ellen DeGeneres show. It was a Christmas special from a couple of years ago. One I had seen many times. I heard Sherry's alarm go off and shoveled the last of my cereal into my mouth. When Sherry came down I was in the bathroom.

"Jay? Jay where are you? We are going to be late!" I walked out of the bathroom and faced Sherry.

"We should have left ten minutes ago, Honey."

"Sorry. I just needed to sort the last of my packing."

"So are you going to be nice to me now? You know I don't want to send you away but you've left me no choice!"

"I know. I'm so sorry."

"Well anyway, hurry up and put your luggage in the car."

I sped off up the stairs and grabbed my bag. I slipped on some Converses and a denim jacket. Sherry was waiting at the bottom of the stairs. We walked to the car and I placed my bag in the trunk.

And as I sat down, I braced myself for the journey ahead. Hopefully i had enough Katy Perry and Little Mix for three long hours.