[6] c h i l d of w a r part2

after more than 2 years away from wattpad, here comes the continuation of the last chapter.

Under the blazing sun, the harsh rays unforgivingly pressed down on her fragile shoulders and enveloped her tiny frame in a bag of suffocating warmth. If only she could suspend the pain for a few moments, enough to take some deep breaths in peace. Get a chance to think clearly.
But pain is persistent, and demands its presence to be felt. That is the nature of pain, and so it got to be felt. For the girl was far from strong enough to put up a fight against the dominating pain. It seemed as if pain was embedded into the very essence of the girl.

As if that wasn't enough, it was also soon going to be a part of the small life, which, for now, was protected against the ruthless world and cruel reality by hiding inside the womb of the girl.

She sat down. If she had the ability to cry, she would be crying enough water that even the sun wouldn't be able to reach her. Nothing would. Only the cool and calm presence of the water would surround her, rinse her mind and body from all the dust, dread and desperation that seemed to be the only elements, her body had been built of.

But no. Of course she couldn't cry. There were no more tears left to shed, and the hopelessness overflowed from her vacant eyes instead.

The memory of a happy city, a bright and beautiful city tried to wrestle free from the protective chains in the back of her mind. But the rubble beneath her feet together with the stench of death and destruction nonchalantly but brutally pushed those memories back to where they belonged. Not here.

The little life inside her helplessly soaked up all these thoughts, impressions and sights through the girl. She could feel it. And for a moment she imagined what it's life would be like. Being borne into this merciless world.

Maybe she could make it all work out? Maybe she could beg some more and built a future for her child?

As quickly as the hopeful thought had found its way into her mind, it fled away. No, there was but one thing she could do.

She sat down and rested her back against some stones, which she pretended were soft pillows. A long enough branch, lots of pain and blood later she was reassured that she could no longer feel any life inside her. She was completely alone now.

As the sun finally began to set, it not only took the light and warmth of itself with it, but also the girl's.