Chapter 2

~Edited by hunnybunny01~

Chapter 2

Seth's P.O.V

        Erecting from my seat, I placed the empty glass onto a nearby table. The program was over and the senior home raised a little over their goal. Aged people filed out of the room, their eyelids nearly fluttering shut. The men and women that scurried about the space frowned, rolling large yellow waste bins and cleaning sprays across the marble tile. I had promised to stay back and assist with the clean up and could possibly even get a chance to speak to Amy.

       I started to stack the chairs, only to interlude when I apprehended Amy collecting the music notes that had scattered along the edge of the keyboard. I grabbed two glasses of Hawaiian Punch and ambled towards the stage, the heels of my boots clicking blatantly with every step I took. “Hey,”

“Um, hi.” Amy breathed, her brows furrowed in confusion. “I’m sorry, do I know you?” Her lips are pursed, and Amy’s eyes examine my features once more. A pair of B- cups taunt me, and I look away, reluctant.

“I love you!” I blurted, pressing my palms onto my flushed cheeks. “I mean--I’m sorry... I just wanted to say your performance was amazing!” I hastily shoved the glass into her hand. “I think you’re really pretty,” In response, the red liquid sloshed in its container, dropped to her dress, and the glass toppled to the floor. I heard a voice tsk tsk, and more squeaky wheels. Oops.

Amy’s nostrils flared.“Thanks,” She glared at the shattered glass that had landed at her feet; her eyes angrily flickering from her feet to the bright red stain that had formed onto her figure flattering dress. “You just made my day.”

“Sorry. I come here quite often. I never saw you... Are you new?” I inquired in curiosity, handing her a cluster of paper towels.

“Really? I've seen you here a lot of times. You’re always with that girl with the green eyes.” She scrubbed callously, only removing her hand to push away the locks of hair that managed to fall from behind her ears.

“Green eyes? Oh, Maisey!”

“She’s your wife right?”

“Oh no, she’s my little sister. I’m single right now.” I said, and suddenly Sophia came into my mind. I frowned, shaking my head and focussing on the present.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” She quickly apologized, gazing at the printed flats that canvassed her otherwise bare feet. Amy looked a bit relieved, but just as the emotion appeared, it disappeared.

“Don’t apologize, it’s fine. But I do have to ask you one thing.” Amy nodded in reply, tossing the used paper towels into the waste bin that stood beside her.

“Do I look old? ‘cause I’m only 25. Should I be married or in a relationship?”

“No, no! I was just assuming.” She paused before continuing. “Take me for example. I’m 22, about to be 23 and I’m not in a relationship either.”

“Thanks Amy. That really makes me feel better. My family is always bugging me about getting settled down. But I guess I’m not the only one right?”

“Yep,” She chirped enthusiastically, letting her shoulders slump in defeat.

“I never knew you could speak that loud Amy.” Vanessa interjected. “Whoa do you need a pad?” She scoffed, placing a rumpled can of Coke onto the piano and pointing to the faded red stain that adorned Amy’s dress.

“What do you want?” Amy inquired, letting out a frustrated sigh. "And it's a... It's a design. By the way." She quickly added.

“Nothing from you.” She stepped closer to me, biting her lip seductively. “I just wanted to ask Mr. Handsome here, if he wanted to get a bite to eat sometime?” Vanessa’s face was dead serious, and her right foot tapped impatiently. It reminded me of Sophia’s devil cousin I’d babysat from time to time. A real pain in the ass.

“Actually, me and your sister were about to go out. I would say I’m sorry but...” I replied, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly.

“Whatever.” Vanessa muttered, indignantly stomping away. “You’re missing out.”

“Why did you do that? She’s the more outgoing, prettier twin.” Amy wistfully slipped into her denim jacket, warily stepping over the buttons that tumbled to the ground. She scooped them up, stuffed them into an empty pocket.

          I took her hand and looked into her eyes. “Because you are the prettier twin.” I smiled. “Would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight madame?” I inquired, mustering up my best impression of a British accent. Hopefully she won't ask where I learned that from, because listening to One Direction with your little sister is not a very manly trait. She burst into a fit of laughter. “So is that a yes?” Surely I could convince my grandmother to hitch a ride with Mrs. Touchy Feely; catch up with the latest old people gossip or whatever.

Amy nodded. “Let me just get my stuff.”

After half an hour, we climbed into my car. I buckled up and started driving. Cars and buildings seemed to whiz by. “Is Red Lobster okay? You’re not allergic to seafood right?”

Amy shook her head, grinning at the green case labeled Gossip Girl in big block letters. It was tucked in a pocket beside her right leg. “I love seafood. And apparently you like Gossip Girl.”

"That's actually my sister's."

Amy glanced at me, a look of question adorning her small face as if to say 'Yeah right'. Turning away, she started to look through my music. “You like Coldplay?” She put the disk in and Paradise played first. She started humming and we both began to sing along.

“When she was just a girl, she expected the world but it flew away from her reach. So she ran away in her sleep and she dreamed of para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise.” We both stopped and burst into more fits of laughter. “You have a good voice, how come you only play the piano?”

“Well, Vanessa likes the attention.” Amy mumbled.

“You and your sister don’t have a good relationship?”

“Not really. We’re complete opposites. She’s really good at talking to guys and I never talk to guys. No offense but, I’ve never had a decent relationship with one.” She leaned her head against the cool glass of the window, watching as the scenery changed from forest to buildings.

“Then what about me?” I inquired, gripping tightly onto the leather of the steering wheel. She said she never talked to guys, so why me? The traffic light flashed green.

“I don’t know... you’re different. You’re the first guy that actually continued talking to me after meeting my sister. I do have a best friend though, so I’m not a complete loner.” Amy joked. “So, tell me about yourself.”

“My name is Seth Plen, I’m twenty five and I’m a doctor at the Bowie hospital-- We’re here!”

I got out of the car and went around the other side to open the passenger door but she beat me to it. “Seriously, I was trying to be a gentleman,”

“It’s okay. You can push my chair out for me okay?”

“It’s a deal.”

“I’m glad we’re friends.” Amy beamed, oblivious to the fact she had just stated my misery: The friend zone.