Chapter 9

~~~~ edited by Hunnybunny01~~~~

Chapter 9

Amy's P.O.V

    Chapter Nine

The days flew by hastily, and I’d already scratched out most of the days lining my October calendar. Two weeks had passed since my family departed, leaving Seth and I alone to share kisses and long cuddles beneath the warmth of my bedroom. Our relationship was convoluted, much like a roller coaster, and I didn’t know where we stood as our friendship progressed. Each time I’d gather the courage to ask Seth, I’d back down, deciding I would ask him another time. I was fearful of losing the friendship we’d commenced just a few months ago, so I stopped trying. What if he didn’t want to be more than friends?

"I found it!" A female voice squealed, disrupting my train of thought. I swiveled on my heel, my forehead nearly bashing into Sam’s open palm and row of plastic hangers. Each hanger suspended from a different finger. We were shopping for Halloween costumes. Every year, Vanessa and I throw a huge Halloween celebration, complete with black and orange balloons, spooky decor, beer, and intense music. But this year it will be different because I actually will have a date; Seth. He asked me when I invited him along with Matt, Luke, Jeremy, Abigail, Francesca, and Mary.

Sam clutched a pirate costume composed of a high- low black and red skirt, bustier top with corset detailing, and black, feathered pirate hat. In her other hand, Sam clutched a gray foam sword, and leather laced platform boots. I grimaced, the ensemble suggesting “HOOKER” in my opinion. “There’s no way I’m wearing that.” I say, crossing my arms against my chest and grinning at the reply forming in my head. “But you know what, I bet Alex won’t mind.” I declare, referring to Sam’s long time boyfriend. Sam’s cheeks instantly redden in reply, and she averts her gaze in consideration. The gold Michael Kors charm bracelet adorning her small wrist jingles as she places the large hat above her head, and mimics a pirate.

Sam nods in agreement, her blond tresses swishing as she made an awkward attempt to jump for joy. Her gray Christian Louboutin knee high boots clunk against the white tile. "Look for a costume, Amy! I have a feeling this party is going to be memorable!" She bellowed, pointing to a white shelf showcasing an assortment of feathered hats. I sigh in exasperation, probing the contrasting clothing, shoes, and jewelry that fill the sleek, modern white shop.

“I found it!” Sam squealed once more, shooting her hand up and waving animatedly. She shuffled towards me, knocking a nude dress form with vivid features onto a congested rack of children’s clothing. Sam bit her lip, and stuck out her arm in an attempt to save the toppling dress form. “I swear those boobs feel so real,” She muttered, wrapping a butterfly printed scarf around its neck and shivering.

I knit my eyebrows in confusion, discharging a forced laugh and an out of place head shake. “I thought you already found an outfit Sam,”

“Not for me, stupid. For you.” She thrusts satiny fabric into my open arms. “It’s perfect! Sexy Disney Princess costumes are so in,” Sam announced, referring to the Princess Jasmine wardrobe pinched between her pointer and thumb fingers.

I briefly once over the shimmering fabric, and tried imagining myself in it, shimmying against Seth’s toned body to the blaring party music. Sam’s shaped eyebrow erected in response to my eerie cheshire cat grin. “You’re a genius Sammy!” I exclaimed, engulfing her in a hasty hug, and dashing to the cashier register. Though I exuded happiness, I couldn’t help but notice the cluster of knots forming in my stomach.

“I’m nervous!” I whined, analyzing Sam as she released her hold on my zebra striped straightening iron and swiveled in her seat, facing me. Her boobs were so elevated and tightly pushed together I was afraid of the smiles she’d receive if the inevitable occurred.