Bliss

"Did I wait too long?" Michael asked from beside me.

"Well let's just put it this way; if you waited any longer I would've gone insane."

He chuckled, pressing his lips to my temple as he entwined our fingers in the air.

We laid in the middle of the bed in my room on top of the fluffy white sheets and pillows. His arm was around my shoulder and our legs entwined as I laid close to him, our hands entwined between us as I watched the ring - that had a new home on my left hand - sparkle in the light.

"What do you want?" Michael asked from beside me.

I shifted on my stomach so I could see him. "What do you mean?"

"Do you want a big wedding?" He asked gently. "Or a small one? Do you want a wedding in a church or outside? In the morning or during dawn so afterwards fireworks can go off? Tell me and I'll give it to you." He said sincerely. "You've made me the happiest man in the world today. I'd give you anything you ask for."

"Hmm..." I thought for a moment as he watched me. "I want... I want..." I tapped my finger against my chin.

"What?" He smiled, "Come on, Emily, the suspense is killing me."

"I want to be married to you." I said with simple truth, running my left hand over his chest. "I want to do it as soon as we can, and as long as it's with you I don't care where it is or how many people we invite."

"Really?" He asked, "You don't want some big extravagant wedding right away? You'd be fine with doing it here in Neverland with a few of our close friends?"

"That honestly sounds like the best idea I've ever heard." I said truthfully. "Doing it in Neverland would be beautiful, Michael. Is that what you want?" I asked, although I already knew.

"I want what you want." He said surly, looking the picture of content.

"This will be as much your wedding as it is mine." I pointed out, giggling. "I want you to be happy too."

"Emily," He said seriously. "As long as you're there in white, it'll be the happiest day of my life. And I mean that - from the bottom of my heart."

"How about this;" I laid back down in the crook of his arm, "How about we get married as soon as we can. And then afterwards - someday in the near future, we plan a wedding that we'd both like to have. A big one with all the works that we can invite all of our families and loved ones to."

"Perfect." He nodded, and I could hear the smile in his voice. "Do you want to invite anyone for the small ceremony?"

I shook my head, not being able to think of anyone particular on my side of the isle. I felt like it should be more of a personal thing between me and Michael, and of course Liam.

"Well then neither will I." He said gently. "I actually kind of like the idea; we'll keep it quiet and simple, with just enough time to say our vows and sign the papers. It'll be quaint."

***

We got married the next day in Neverland Ranch. It was nothing as extravagant as you'd expect from a Michael Jackson wedding, but it was special because it was ours. It was the perfect way to finally make it official until the inevitable big wedding that came with friends and family and a overly decorated wedding dress.

Michael brought in a family friend who officiated the wedding, and we stood infront of him giddily, repeating our vows and putting on the rings as quickly as we could. There was no isle, there was no band, and I didn't even walk to any slow song. We basically just got dressed, went outside, and got married. Even though it was fast and simple - and the whole ceremony lasted about 15 minutes, we did it just so we could finally be what we always really were - together, but now in the eyes of the law. I'd never forget the sight of Michael and Liam - both matching in black pants and tucked in white button up shirts - Michael's with the red armband and a white V-neck underneath it, and little flowers pinned to their pockets.