Of Interest to the Bureau

At a military base, two cars were driving up to one of the buildings.

Inside a room, men dressed in hazmat suits were scrubbing Indy clean. Trying to get the radioactive chemicals off of him.

"I had no reason to believe Mac was a spy," Indy began, after he was clean and dressed. "He was MI6 when I was in OSS. We did 20, 30 missions together in Europe and the Pacific."

"Don't wave your war record in our face, Colonel Jones," one of the men said to him. "We all served."

"No kidding?" Indy asked. "What side were you on?"

"I don't think you know the gravity of the situation your in," the other man spoke. "You aided and abetted KGB agents who broke into a top-secret military installation in the middle of the United States of America, my country."

"What was in the steel box they took?" Indy asked.

"You tell us," the first one said. "You've seen it before."

"You mean that Air Force fiasco in '47," Indy replied. "I was tossed into a bus with blacked-out windows and 20 people I wasn't allowed to speak to. Hauled out in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere on some urgent recovery project and shown what? Pieces of wreckage and an intensely magnetic shroud covering mutilated remains? None of us was given the full picture, and we were threatened with treason if we ever talked about it. So, you tell me, what was in the box?"

A man walked in, and went over to Indy.

"Don't you know it's dangerous to climb into a refrigerator?" The man asked him. "Those things can be death traps."

"Good to see you, too, Bob," Indy said, shaking said man's hand.

Bob turned to the men questioning Indy.

"I can vouch for Dr. Jones," he told.

"What's going on?" Indy asked. "KGB on American soil? Who is that woman?"

"Describe her," one of the men told Indy.

"Tall, thin, mid-30s, carried a sword of some kind, I think a rapier." Indy said.

One of the men laid a file down on the table, and Indy opened it. Recognizing the woman in the picture.

"You sure she's here?" Indy was asked.

"Here and gone, who is she?" Indy answered.

"Irina Spalko," Bob said. "She was Stalin's fair-haired girl. His favorite scientist, if you can call psychic research science. She's leading teams from the Kremlin all over the world. Scooping up artifacts that she thinks might have paranormal military applications."

One of the men, Paul, was trying to get Bob, or General Ross, to stop telling Indy everything.

"Not everyone in the Army's a Commie and certainly not Indy," General Ross said, sitting down.

"What exactly am I being accused of?" Indy asked the two men. "Besides surviving a nuclear blast."

"Nothing yet, but frankly your association with George Mchale makes all your activities suspicious," Paul continued. "Including those during the war."

"Are you nuts?" General Ross asked. "Do you have any idea how many medals he won?"

"A great many, I'm sure," Paul sarcastically said. "But does he deserve them?"

"Dr. Jones, let's just say for now that you are of interest to the Bureau," the other said. "Great interest."

Back at the college Indy teaches at, the dean of the college, was walking to his classroom. As Indy was teaching, he walked into the room, and Indy faltered, but continued.