chapter 5

(4 months later)

A few days went by and then a few weeks. It is now August 25th and only a couple more days until the wedding. The weeks were silent and we were busy. It was rough on me. I had no best friend to help me through it. We hadn’t talked since the night we went to dinner. Is he mad at me? Did I say something to upset him?

“So let’s call your father’s church to see if they can do it. Then I already have people out testing cakes and stuff. Do you want to go ask for bridesmaids? I got my guys already. Oh we need a flower girl. I have a ring bearer and 3 guys. ” He looked at me and kissed me softly, “And before I forget I sent out invitations already."

          I decided to call him and ask about it. The phone just rang and rang. No answer. I sent him a text message:

Hey it’s me, Katie-bear. Oh wait you know that. I’m one of your contacts. Look I’m really sorry for whatever I did to upset you. It seems like you hate me. These past few weeks have been rough. I really need you right now. Why won’t you talk to me? I miss you Johnny-boo. I need a best friend to help me through all this. Please answer me. I really miss you. Okay well I guess this is long enough. Just text back whenever you want. I will be waiting by the phone for your reply. Bye L

 The wedding was a week away. All the girls met up and all the guys met up. We got a place for the reception and got our dresses. The guys went to get their tuxes. The next 6 days were rough. Finally, it was the day before the wedding. Everyone got together and did rehearsal.

          “Babe, I can’t stop thinking about this. I am so happy.”

          “I know me too.” We walked out hand in hand and quickly got ready for dinner and ate. Then we got our showers and went to sleep. We had a big day tomorrow.