chapter 2

I snapped back into reality, 7 years later.

          “Babe are you okay? You went blank for a minute there.”

          “Yeah, I’m fine. Just thinking about the day when you first kissed me.”

          “Oh okay. Well I have a big surprise for you downstairs. I think you are going to love it.”

          “Okay, I’ll come down in a minute. I just have to make a quick call.” He smiled and went downstairs. I picked up my phone and started dialing Johnny’s number. It rang and rang until he picked up.

          “Morning Kate, how is my best friend doing?”

          “I’m great how are you?”

          “I am fantastic. Do you know what today is?”

          “Of course I do. How can I forget our 17 year anniversary?”

          “You never forget.”

          “I can’t forget the day I met my best friend for life.”

          “I won’t ever forget Katie. Never in a million years.”

          “Me neither. Well I have to go Sky has a big surprise for me.”

          “Alright, I will be over in a few hours so we can celebrate our anniversary. Just you and I, no Skylar, promise?”

          “I promise Johnny. Bye.” 

          “Bye.” He ended the call. I got up and went down stairs and sat on the couch.

          “Baby come into the kitchen.” I walked in and he was down on one knee with a hand behind his back.

          “Katelyn Cecilia Jones,” he took my hand and held it, “We have been together for almost 7 1/2 years now. My heart skips a beat every single time I see you or hear your name. I called your parents up last night so I have permission because I knew you would respect that. Katie, baby, the girl of my dreams, I love you.”

          He pulled out a box and opened it, “Will you be my wife?” I took the box, shut it and set it on the counter. I paused for about 1 minute and he looked away, very upset.

          “Hey,” he looked at me and I jumped on him hugging him, “Of course I will be your wife! I have been waiting for you to ask.”

          “Oh my goodness baby you had me so scared! Now my heart is racing. I love you so much!” He set me down and kissed me. The first thing I did was call John.