The Emerald Awards

2013 Awards are closed!

The Emerald Awards © 2013

The Emerald Awards are a contest for unknown authors on WattPad. The contest started in 2012 and is held once every year. The rules and details of this contest are found below.

The Rules

The story has to be at least 3 chapters long. Each chapter will be read over by a judge, and given a very tough review over the chapter. Remember, this includes grammer, spelling, and many more factors. You can post it if it has fewer than three, but it must have three by July 1st or it will not be accepted and taken off the list.

The Writer must have less than 20 fans to enter. anymore than that and you will not be accepted. (If you gain more fans after you have been accepted, then it doesn't count.)

The book must have below 500 reads. anymore (yes even 500 or 501) than that will not be accepted. This is for new stories.

Categories

Only three can make it, and it is first come first serve. Winners may enter another story, but it must not have anything to do with the last book that won. three rounds, First round I will take half away. Second I will take away half again, third I will pick the winner.

Vampire

Werewolf

Fantasy

Romance

Mystery / Thriller

Paranormal

Allowed

sharing the Awards with other Undiscovered Authors (Less than 20 fans)

Voting (when open)

You can Nominate a story as long as it follows our guidlines.

One Entry per member. (Nominations do not count)

NOT ALLOWED

Putting down another story. You are NOT the judge.

Entering more than one story from more than one account. (We will catch you.)

Voting more than once.

Voting for your own story.

Being rude towards others.

Prize

There is only ONE winner for the Emerald Awards. This winner had everything that a future popular story wuold have. The winner will be judged on Grammer, spelling, plot, cover, characters, and many more factors.

The winner will recieve a Free Professional Book Cover with a Symbol that shows the story won an Emerald Award, a Fan, Vote, Reading List add, and ads to all fans of the Judges. The story, and author, will be put into the Emerald Awards archive. (This can be found on my profile once it is up.)

How to Enter

Please Follow me so I can have contact with you later, and so you can receive updates on the Emerald Awards via fan broadcasts.

There are only three spots per category, so enter quickly! story links in the comments below with the genre you are wanting to enter it in. I will check your profile and the story to see if they meet the following requirments. For this contest I will only read the first three chapters of your story, not the whole story itself unless you win.

If you would like to share you story and try to help when voting comes around, (People's choice gets a review on their book) then share this chapter of the contest book. Voting will open later, so make sure you keep an eye on this for an updated version of this chapter! I will let you all know when it updates via profile broadcasting.