Chapter 13: Thalia

The car slammed on the brakes, and I lurched forward. We exited the car, and  saw the girl, fear engulfing her eyes. She had on a simple black shirt, and a short black shirt with fishnets. She looked rebellious, the type of girl you WOULDN'T want your children hanging around. "Oh my gosh! You scared me half to dea-" The girl started. The girl cut off abruptly when she caught sight of Valarie. Valarie was staring intensely at her, tears welling in her eyes. "Thalia........." Valarie whispered in awe as she ran to the girl. "Thalia!" Valaire yelled in pure delight, hugging the girl tightly. "Heya, Val!" the girl said, ruffling Valarie's hair. I stood there, frozen, staring at Thalia. "What is that?" Thalia asked, looking at me as if I was a mangy looking dog. I growled "Laurynn, and I am a vampire, got a problem?" Thalia gasped, then looked at Valarie. "Valaire, why are you hanging out with that?!?!?!" Thalia said, confused. "Laurynn is NOT a "that" Laurynn is my girlfriend," Percy said, stepping up from behind me. "Percy!" Thalia's mood instantly changed from confused and irritated to sweet and flirtatious. "Thalia, don't even TRY it," Grover said, as if he could read her mind. I then remembered that satyrs could read emotions. "Shut up Grover!" Thalia hissed threateningly. Thalia looked at Valarie and smiled "Mind if I traveled with you?" Thalia said sweetly. "Hell yes," I muttered as Percy stifled a laugh. " No one disagrees? Awesome then!" Thalia said enthusiastically. "So how did you get out of your tree form, Thal?" Valarie asked as they got back in the car, and they both sat in the front. "Something about a Golden Fleece that Clarisse brought back, blah blah blah," Thalia said. Valaire giggled, and smiled widely. I frowned, then sat back. I felt seriously left out, and not to mention the fact that Thalia was a complete bitch to me. Percy, as if reading my thoughts, snuggled close to me, and whispered "Don't mind them, Valarie's just missed Thalia, I mean, she was a tree most of her life," Thalia glanced at Nico, who was sitting quietly on the other side of me, then turned to Valarie. "So..who is he?" Thalia whsipered. "Nico Di Anglo, son of Hades, and Valarie's boyfriend," Nico said. Thalia giggled, then turned to Valarie "I am so happy for you!" Valarie beamed, then said thank you. Our car then neatly parked in a hotel called the Comeandgo Hotel. We payed for our rooms, and, of course, Thalia and Valarie shared one. Percy, Nico, and Grover shared the large suit with me. I unpacked my stuff a little, then went to the bathroom, and got changed. I changed into a pretty white shirt with blue designs on the side, and black shorts. We all decided to split up for awhile to relax, then meet up later. Thalia and Valarie both went to the spa, Nico went to the store, and me and Percy went by the water. We sat there for awhile, just staring at the crystal clear blue water. "You don't like Thalia, do you?" Percy asked curiously. "Hell no, I hate that slutty, bitchy, little Hellion," I said. Percy laughed, then threw a rock into the water, causing ripples to form. I heard footsteps behind us, and I turned to see Thalia, wearing a low cut shirt and shorts so shorts, they looked like a belt. "Hey Percy," Thalia said in a dreamy voice. "Uhm, hi, Thalia," Percy said awkwardly. Thalia turned to me "Hey Laurynn, Val needs you," Thalia said. I smirked "No she doesn't, your lying," Thalia rolled her electric blue eyes. I then felt numb, as if someone had given me painkillers. I felt a electric bolt run through my body, shutting down all of my bones and nerves. I heard a faint "Laurynn!" But i barely even noticed it. With a scream, I fell to the sandy floor, and flew out of consiousness, not entirely sure if I am going to Heaven or Hell.