Chatper 3: Valarie is not who she says she is

Valarie clearly didn't believe me at first. "So you burn easy in the sun, and your canine teeth are noticeable, that doesn't make you a vampire," Valarie said. I nodded in agreement "Yes, but before I died my Grandmother told me that I would awaken in my teen years, and to go to camp with you," I said. "Who was your Grandmother?" Valarie asked. "Selena McCaw," I answered. Valarie gasped, then dropped to her knees. "Selena McCaw was one of the most famous well known Psi vampires in the world. It was rumored that she had a phychic ability," Valarie said. I sat down to try to take this all in. Okay, so I was a vampire. Who drinks blood. And my Grandmother was a vampire too. One who took energy from them.  "So the Oracle was right..," Valarie murmured. "Who?" I asked curiously. "No one! No one at all!" Valarie said in a attempt to cover up what she had said. However, her eyes were deceiving, she couldn't look me directly in the eyes. "Valarie, I need to know who you really are if we are going to your camp together," I said sternly.  "I don't know if Chiron would approve of you coming... I mean, your meant to be for Hades.." Valarie whispered. "I am NOT for Hades! And the Greek Gods and Godesses aren't even real," I said reasonably. "So that you think. Look, let's just say that I know more than humans do, alright?" Valarie said, desperately trying to hold in as much information as she could.  I immediately, right then and there, could tell that she was not a mortal, she was supernatural, too. "What are you, Valarie? I need to know what I am getting into," I said. Valarie sighed, then started to speak "The camp we are going to is called Camp Half Blood, and it is for..... well, special kids like me,"   "What type of special? Like Vampire special or Fury special?" I asked. "Neither, for...... for Demigods...," Valarie choked out. "I knew it! I KNEW there was something off about you! But anyways, how the hell am I going to get in to a Camp for Half Bloods?" I asked doubtfully. "The Oracle is a fortune teller. A real one.  She told me this prophecy last summer when I went.

You shall meet a girl who isn't what she seems.

You will accompany lightning to help save darkness.

The fate of the sky will rest in your hands,"  Valarie said in a ominious tone. "What does that have to do with me?" I asked, trying not to be rude. "You are the girl, we are going to save the World, Laurynn. Are you ready for it?" Valarie asked. I smiled "Hell yea I am!" I said enthusiastically. Valarie laughed "Good, now come on, let's go, don't want to miss our flight!" Valarie said as we each grabbed a bag, then headed out the door. "What God is your Father?" I asked softly once we were out. "Zeus, God of the sky," Valarie answered. We then got into the airport, and saw 3 old ladies. Valarie stared at them with her mouth hung open. "Come on!" Valarie screamed as she pulled me away from the old ladies, bags still in hand. I heard the old ladies get up, then their clothes were ripping. There skin went from a wrinkly tan to a wrinkly grey, and bat wings replaced their arms. "Don't let them escape!" The Fury said, charging full speed to us.