»02

this chapter won't be as cringe
love me

nothing major happens in this chapter, it's just them getting used to each other.

THE WATER BUG
CHAPTER 2

DIE, YOU MOTHER-FUCKER.SNAPPED Nava at the harmless, long-legged water-bug crawling about the red bathroom wall. In the fastest speed she could, Nava attempted to slam a rag down on it. It fell to the floor, but was unharmed. Nava hastily cut the wire to her stitches, and zoomed out of the bathroom in fear. She hated bugs, they were the one thing she couldn't deal with. Nava had been stitching her busted lip, thanks to Bucky. She hadn't made him his tea, but she gave him pillows and a blanket so he could sleep on the bullet-devastated couch. He wasn't much of a talker. He didn't complain, he didn't ask for anything, he was just dead silent.

But Nava needed him at the moment. "Hey, buddy, wake the hell up," she mumbled. Her voice was barely audible over the downpour going on outside. She shook his bare chest, trying to wake him up. Nava could imagine he would be sweaty, and had every right to take off his shirt, or armor. "Wake up," she tried a bit louder. Bucky immediately sat up, wide eyed. Nava had never seen something happen so sudden. Bucky looked stunned, and his eyes searched around the room until they met Nava's face. "What?" asked Bucky. It wasn't in anger, and it wasn't happiness either. It was perplexity and fear, and maybe just a hint of anger, mixed with a bit of relief.

"I-this is going to sound a bit, retarded," said Nava, slowly. Bucky stared at her, awaiting an explanation. Nava took her hand off his sweaty chest, "I need you to kill a bug,"

Bucky lay back down, folding his arms over his chest. He made a sort of 'pfft' sound of disbelief. "And you can't kill a bug with your...speed?"

"I don't like bugs,"

"You don't like me," he reasoned. Bucky's eyelids fluttered shut.

Nava took a deep breath. She stood up and trudged away from Bucky, finding it futile to beg or even try to persuade him. She tapped her slightly long finger nails against her palm as she nearly left the room. Nava stopped at the doorway, which seemed to be concluding her a lot lately. "I never caught your name?" she looked at him through the corner of her eye, not wholly turned around.

Bucky sat up, uncapping the water-bottle she gifted him and gulping down a reasonable degree. "I didn't throw it," answered Bucky, licking his dry lips. Nava crossed her arms over her chest in vexation. She rolled her eyes, grinding her tongue against her teeth in the process due to her exasperation caused by Bucky. He placed his water bottle on the living room table.

"Well, you should," Nava reasoned. She opened her mouth to speak but words did not transpire. She had no reason, just words. Nothing to say but an endless abyss of nada. Little did she know, Bucky wasn't sure of his name. He wasn't sure of anything, he was just confused and a bit deadly. He didn't say anything else, just sat in silence.