Chapter 32- Patton's 3rd Army

December 26th

The front lines, eastern approach

Jack was alone which he didn't mind too much, he was sitting in safety that was provided by the foxhole.

That was when several distant hums from approaching aircraft were heard. Then, what everyone was praying to see was confirmed.

"We got C-47s coming in! Pop that smoke and get a DZ set up!" Someone shouted out and Jack watched on as his men came to life.

When Jack himself looked up through the tree canopy, he saw men jumping out of the plane before their parachutes quickly caught their fall.

"Set up a perimeter they're dropping pathfinders in!" Another voice rang out as Jack picked up his BAR and climbed out of the hole that had kept him protected from the freezing wind.

The soldiers along with Jack rushed out to meet the descending troopers landing behind the barn that acted as the company command post.

"Man are we glad to see you! Welcome to the 101st!" A private cheered out as the paratroops began removing their harnesses before grouping with everyone at the barn.

"We have to set up beacons before the main formation arrives, it's carrying a fuck ton of munitions for you guys!" The NCO in charge of the new arrivals declared and with that news, it got everybody into high spirits. Because support was finally coming after all.

Once everything was underway and preparation for the incoming supply drops was ready as the beacons were activated. There wasn't anything to do now but wait. Which wasn't going to be very long, thankfully.

Because far off in the distance, dozens of sky-trains were slowly lumbering into sight and with it. The desperately needed supplies of food, medicine, and much more.

*

15 minutes later, southwest of Bastogne, near Assenois

M4A3E8 Sherman (Easy Eight) designated "Uncle Sam" 1st B/12th R/2nd CO

Staff Sergeant Dustin Parrish

Comfortably sitting in the safety of his tank, tank commander SSgt Parrish could casually look out through the small periscope attached to the hatch above him.

Or if he needed to, he could just pop his hatch just enough for him to peek out of it but that's riskier than just using the viewing port.

He had the Uncle Sam behind the lead tank led by the platoon's junior Sergeant. Then behind Parrish's tank was the 1st Sergeant with the PltCO bringing up the rear.

The Uncle Sam was an "Easy Eight" as mentioned earlier, so it's been outfitted with the heavier hitting 76mm rather than the Sherman standard 75mm.

This gave the Uncle Sam a fighting chance, giving it enough punching power to punch through German armor at the front.

Compared to the 75mm, it's only able to penetrate the front by a little, that's why it was imperative to flank a Tiger.

With the 76mm, as said it can punch through a little further, making it feared on the field, but, at the same time it made the Easy Eight a priority target. Drastically increasing the hazard of driving this vehicle since it'll most likely be targeted first.

There were four tank platoons in the 2nd company of this attacking element, totaling to twelve Sherman tanks divided into the standard squads of four.

At traveling speed the tanks were in a column with 20 yards separating each other as the race to Bastogne was on.