Chapter 5

I parked my motorcycle and walked into the Alpha's pack house. My sunglasses were on, they symbolized that this business was purely professional, though deep in the churning pits of my stomach, I knew it was personal. I pretended not to listen to my gut though, and didn't even bother knocking. Jenny wanted me here, I'm here, regardless of my opinions on the subject.

I saw Kelly by the bay windows talking with Jared and Lucas. Most of her attention was on Lucas, which pissed both me and Jared off, though I had only been in the building for less than five seconds. Kelly immediately noticed my presence, if not consciously at first. Kelly turned around, her wolf guiding her, of course. It was how females in this pack were trained. Females in my pack. Part of my heart squeezed, she would never be her own person, instead, a person run by her over demanding instincts. Ugh, I can't believe I'm still in this pack, I would have a serious talk with Jenny about this. Kelly looked at me with fear glistening in her bright blue eyes. My wolf was growling to her pathetic existence, and thought herself above her. (And hated her for existing, flirting with my mate, and trying to kill me.) I rarely listened to my wolf, knowing that she had such a big ego. I had control.

" Who are you?" Kelly snarled, territorial.

I smiled and took off my sunglasses, " Kelly? You don't remember me? I'm a little offended."

Kelly paled and gulped. Then determination came to her face, gutsy wolf, " J-Julie?" She stuttered, and I raised my eyebrows, her face turned red and she continued, "L-look Julie, I don't know what stunt you're trying to pull but you're not welcome here."

" No?" I asked, my smile growing larger, " Jenny has a job for me. We have a meeting scheduled."

" Julie?" Lucas asked, his eyes making her breath harder.

I looked him right in the eyes and sent him a clear message, ' We will discuss this.' I then glared at Kelly, and my wolf stepped in, ' Meanwhile, keep Kelly's paws off you.'

I turned away from him so he couldn't read my face.

Jenny came down the stairs then and greeted me, " Hey Julie. I thank you for coming here, I know you must be busy."

" I am actually, very busy," I answered truthfully, " I have business to care of."

My wolf and I despised anything that came in the way of work, this was one of those things. We wanted in and out, fast.

" How was Arabia?" That was my last hit, messiest hit I've ever done. I also got seriously sunburned. Thank God it had been a while ago so the sunburn faded.

" Arabia?" Lucas repeated, but I didn't look at him, " What were you doing in Arabia?"

I didn't want him to know what I had been doing, I was afraid what he'd think of me. God, I thought I was above being insecure, above caring what people think about what I do. I hated the fact that I was wrong. My face froze and the gates of my mind closed up on all my memories, refusing to let anything in.

" Terrible actually," I told Jenny, " I got horribly burnt. It sucked. Anyway, what is the favor you needed?"

Jenny looked miffed, then smiled mischievously, " I know you want to be in and out. Lord knows how many drug dealers are out there."

I didn't even want to look at the faces of Jared, Kelly or Lucas. But, I was forced to listen to Kelly's annoying voice. I quickly pushed my wolf back.

" You're a drug dealer? Can't say I'm surprised," Kelly snickered.

I ground my teeth together and glared at Jenny. Her face was unreadable this time, " Come. We have business to do."

I followed Jenny to the study, I had many questions to ask. And many points to argue.

**LUCAS'S POV

Kelly was twirling her hair and talking to me, while Jared was glaring at me. It was the same charade, over and over again. During the whole time I was thinking of Julie. Where was she? I asked myself this everyday. Where could she be? Could she survive? She was an innocent child, she needed protection. I never broke their bond because he still had hope. I, admittedly, didn't "love" her yet, I shouldn't love her. Hundreds of lives depended on it. But, one of the things I realized in the past year, I could love her. It was a possibility. More the reason to break the bond. I couldn't bring it upon himself to do it.

I wanted Kelly dead. She threatened Julie. I glared at her, she didn't seem to notice. Suddenly, my wolf jumped and a feeling of danger entered the room. I turned and saw a woman.

She had long dark brown hair pulled in a ponytail, it reached to her lower back. Her skin was a bronze that set off her hair. She was tall, maybe 5"6'? She was wearing sunglasses, sharp cheekbones, and dark lips. She was clearly muscular, and skinny. You could tell that the woman had been through battles, there was even a scar on her neck. The woman seemed familiar. I tried to place her in my past life, since that's where she must be from. My wolf jumped again. I realized something scary, I was attracted to her. I had never been attracted to someone since Julie.

" Who are you?" Kelly snarled from next to me. She was jealous, it was obvious, Kelly didn't like any good looking female, even the scary ones.

The female took off her sunglasses and revealed very familiar eyes. A predator's smile appeared on her face. It looked like it belonged there, " Kelly? You don't remember me? I'm a little offended."

It was the voice the sent shivers down my spine, I knew who the dangerous female was. It was my mate. Kelly noticed too, " J-Julie?" I almost smiled, Kelly had always saw Julie as weak, that was no longer the case, but why? What had Julie been doing and how had it...changed her?

I had been so lost in thought that I missed Kelly's next words, but heard some words in Julie's. Words like, 'Jenny', 'Job', 'For', and 'Me'. My eyes widened, what had Julie gotten herself into? Her name slipped out of my mouth. " Julie?"

Julie looked at me for a second and sent me a message. It was quick, to the point and very business-like. ' We will discuss this later.' Then emotion spurted through the message, 'Meanwhile, keep Kelly's paws off of you.' That made me smile a little.

I tried to look at her, but she was already facing away from me. We sure as hell better discuss this later. Jenny's power suddenly swept through the room.

" Hey Julie. I thank you for coming here, I know you must be busy." Yep, there was no way in hell she wasn't spilling about her ventures.

" I am actually very busy," She responded like being here was a burden, " I have business to take care of." Business? What business was Julie doing? Was she being mysterious on purpose, was she trying to kill me? Of course she was-

I stopped myself there. I was caring. Shit. I was caring. I couldn't care. I wouldn't care.

" How was Arabia?" Jenny asked her politely, as if she were asking about something unimportant like 'how was your run?'. What was she doing in Arabia?

" Arabia?" Again, the words just slipped out, " What were you doing in Arabia?" Did I even care? Damn it! I did care. I'm sure it was just curiosity, I wouldn't let it be anything more than that.

" Terrible actually," She told Jenny, purposely not looking at me, " I got horribly burnt. It sucked. Anyway, what is the favor you needed?"

That revealed nothing. But my mind stopped on a word, favor. Jenny only called out favors when I couldn't do them or when I was busy. They were dangerous favor. Though, lately, Jenny has been calling a different source. Could she be calling Julie? No, if she was then Julie wouldn't sound so unenthusiastic about doing Jenny a favor.

Jenny then said something I never expected, " I know you want to be in and out. Lord knows how many drug dealers are out there."

Drug dealers? I'll ask again, what the hell is the business Julie's doing?

" You're a drug dealer? Can't say I'm surprised," Kelly snickered. I glared menacingly at her and Jared tried to stop me. I lifted my lip slightly in a growl, he immediately pack down. I went to scare Kelly too, but she didn't look scared, she looked excited.

I was busy trying to stop any more comments or questions, including my own, that I almost missed Jenny's emotionless reply, "Come. We have business to do."