Beta: A Werewolf Romance

There are many overused stories about werewolves, the creatures of the night. A night that they share with many creatures, but that's not what I was thinking about.

" Breathe Julie, breathe!" I whispered to myself.

I was so nervous. Today was my first hunt and I was female, so I would find my mate. I knew my future pack pretty well, so I knew very well that I would only like a few of my possible mates.

Take Jared for instance, I could totally have him as my mate. He may be quiet, but I think of it as more of a 'strong and silent' way. And he's totally smart, I love smart guys. But Kelly's first meeting was yesterday, and she got Jared.

I guess I shouldn't be disappointed, his wolf didn't choose me. It's ledgend that the wolf chooses its mate as soon as it changes and males change sooner than females.

Werewolves aren't like wolves, we have magic. So naturally all of our social functions have magic/

My heart beat faster.

" Calm!" I commanded myself, but I didn't calm.

My hands started to shake violently. What's wrong with me?

My vision blurred and a sudden jump of excitement lit my brain. I was changing! Kelly said it was awesome to change, that she was looking forward to it.

I'm going to say this right now: bullshit.

A scream escaped my lips and snakes of pain wrapped around my body. They pushed and pulled altering my body, I couldn't see anything, hear anything, but I could feel something: pain!

I started shaking again and fell to the ground. Thank God I was alone, this would be so embarrassing otherwise. It's like they knew. Of course they knew.

I tried standing again, but something was different...I looked at my paws. Paws! I was a wolf!

My eyes widened as I wondered what I looked like. My paws were black, but I could see redish above them, they looked like boots!

' You can obsess over yourself later, we have a job,' A voice growled in her head.

I smiled. It was my wolf! How super exciting was that?

' What are you doing?' I asked in my head stupidly.

' Finding a mate!' The voice hissed.

' What? Aren't you supposed to have already found one?' I was shocked, I couldn't not have a mate. That would be beyond embarrassing.

' Come on. Choose Garrett, or maybe Timothy, he's cute.' I offered.

' Hey! I listening in their thoughts. Shut up!' The voice ordered.

Fine then. I'll shut up.

Complete silence.

No noise.

' Ugh!' The voice was frustrated.

My feet started moving then, like something was pulling them. My mate!

' Who is it?' I asked eagerly.

' You'll find out,'

' What? But I don't know what any of these wolves look like ion wolf form!' I protested.

Nothing. Isn't that helpful?

My feet raced forward, passing multiple wolves. I had no idea who they were, but I was going for someone. I decided now was the time to pray.

' Please be Tim, please be Tim, please be Tim,' I chanted in my head.

My breath caught as I saw a giant grayish silver wolf. Of course he was giant, all male wolves are giant. All werewolves in general are giant.

' We can safely say my mate is male right?' I asked in my head.

No answer.

The wolf stared at me, and I knew that he knew who I was. No fair.

He walked up to be and touched my nose, ' Julie!' A voice screamed in my head.

This voice wasn't like my wolf, I was hearing voices!

' Shit, shit, shit' I muttered in my head.

The big gray wolf nuzzled me, ' Julie! That's really you?'

I blinked twice as the voice became more and more familiar. I gasped in my head.

'LUCUS!' I screamed.

The big wolf flinched. And a sudden panic shot through me. Lucas was not allowed to be hurt, by anybody, or anything. He was mine.

' Lucas?' I asked quieter.

I didn't have time to say more because another gray wolf shot out of the trees. He was clearly different than my mate though the coloring was the same, My mate was the most gorgeous wolf that ever existed simply because he was my mate.

The wolf lunged at my Lucas. No one is allowed to harm my Lucas. So when the big wolf went for Lucas, I stupidly jumped between them.

------------------------

do you think i should continue? i know there are a lot of werewolf stories out there so...