The Reinvention of Rosalie Hale Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Deciding What's Right

The car ride home was full of tension. Bella sat between Edward and I; Carlisle and Esme rode in the front. Carlisle insisted that if I was going to be with Bella, he would want to also be in the car to prevent any trouble between Edward and I. Like his presence would stop us if we decided to go at it..

In an effort to try to appease Edward, I kept thinking about how wonderful the situation was, and how it'd be the best thing to happen to this family if Bella lived through the pregnancy.

Edward, of course, saw through this and shot me many dirty looks. I didn't want to anger him, honest, but.. I can't help how I feel.

I have no heart. I have no soul. I am a vampire, and the only thing that is keeping me from sinking my teeth into Bella at this exact moment, was the little baby inside  of her.

The sky was purple when we finally arrived home in Forks. Carlisle began giving orders; he was to take Jasper and Emmett to get medical equipment to check out Bella. Alice was to clear Carlisle's study; Esme was going to phone Charlie, Bella's dad. Edward and I were instructed to be as cordial as possible. We glared at each other.

"Rose," Bella squeeked, peeking up at me through her long lashes. "Help me bathe, please?" her face was unnaturally pale. I nodded, and took her hand. Edward growled, pulling Bella into his arms, his grip was vice-tight.

"No, Bella." his voice was emotionless, his eyes empty. I wasn't used to him looking that way,  and it made me uncomfortable in a weird way. I ignored the feeling.

"Edward, let me go." Bella struggled out of his arms, grabbing my hand for support. Edward's eyes widened, but he sighed in defeat. He managed one menacing glare at me before retreating to the living room.

In my bathroom, which was hardly ever used, I ran a warm bath for Bella. I wasn't sure why Bella needed help, but I wanted to help  her for once.

"I just wanted to get away. He's so angry with me." Bella whispered as she slid into the soapy water. I nodded; I would feel the same way. Once in the water, Bella rested her hands on her slightly large stomach. She mumbled sweet words, constantly calling the baby a little nudger. I couldn't take my eyes off of her hands on her stomach.

"I know. He should support you in your decision."  I whispered back, surprising myself that I actually said it. Bella nodded, a pained smile on her lips.

Talking to Bella made me realize one thing: I didn't want her to die, not really.

This revelation was shocking to me. I'd spent so much time loathing her, and suddenly, in ten minutes, I felt some sort of compassion towards her. It obviously had to do with the baby, but I still shocked myself nonetheless.

I liked Bella as a person.

How strange.

I knew in admitting that, though, that I still wanted the baby that she would give birth to. I still wanted to be a mother, more than anything in the world.

I would fight as hard as I could to keep Bella strong, and as happy as possible. Be it against Edward, Alice, or herself. Bella alive or dead, I'd still so everything in my power to be a huge part of this baby's life.

Carlisle, Emmett, and Jasper didn't return until late that night, when Bella was fast asleep. None of us, Edward included, had the heart to wake her for a check up.

As Bella slept, snoring loudly on the sofa, I spoke with Alice. She was on Edward's side; she wanted the fetus to be killed. I seemed to be the only one on Bella's side, though Esme and Carlisle were all about letting Bella exercise  her free will..

I spent a good portion of the night and early morning wondering what, or who, this little fetus would turn out to be. Would she (he?)  feed off of blood, or eat human food? Would blood run through their veins?

I didn't know, but I was dying to find out...

Vote and comment, please! Any feedback would be superbly helpful. I'd like to know what you think of the idea? Good, or bad? Please, help me out! 10 votes and comments and I'll throw the next part at you lovely people. <3

xo

Amber